Cartoon Network Changes!

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by T-Cat, Mar 10, 2014.

1. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I read the whole thing, but I doubt CN will change overnight now that Stuart Snyder's left the building.

3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

4. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

5. Daremonger

I'd prefer a new "ThunderCats" series with the Rankin-Bass style, too.

6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It would be nice T-Cat but I doubt it will happen unless there is a toy company supporting it.
    I am please Scooby will be returning and from what I read it seems it will be a continuation of Mystery Inc.
    Also, it seems that Beware The Batman has suffered the same fate as the NS Thundercats.

7. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

It would be great for Thundercats (a continuation or a fresh try) to air, but at this point I would even see it as a positive step if they would bring back reruns on the expanded time slots of Adult Swim.

8. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

I can't understand why most toy companies would not touch this license!

Before the 2011 series, Mattel and Hasbro turned the master toy license down before Bandai ultimately picked them up.

Playmates Toys would be a fantastic choice and IMO they need another hot brand besides TMNT!

9. Daremonger

"Ninja Turtles" has always been Playmates' flagship line, so it's only right they require the rights to another franchise.

10. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

Here is hoping cartoon network will be fun and be good again!!

I agree with Adssse, I would settle for reruns of the 2011 Thundercats series on the expanded Adult Swim time slot. Even putting the original series back on there would be amazing!!!

As far as the toy licensing goes, 80's cartoons and toys are a very niche audience. Unless you were growing up in that time frame, it just doesnt carry over with older or younger audiences. TMNT and transformers excluded because pretty much since the time they originally aired, they have pretty much had some kind of TV,Movie or Toy presence.

Fans that grew up with Thundercats and other shows in the 80's period are also now at that age, where asfar as a demographic is concerned, they have jobs and money but don't yet have expendable funds. So a company like Hasbro has to look at that and know that realistically, the majority of sales are going to be coming from the original fan demographic, there will be new sales and new fans but the original ones are going to carry it. If those fans don't have an expendable income, the chances of losing money for them would be pretty good. So I can't see a company wanting to take a risk like that especially on a property that is not "their baby".

A company's bottom line is to make money. So, if fans are able to show them that there are 1000's (and i mean high thousands) of us eager and willing to spend money, it will catch their attention. But that would mean Thundercats fandom as a whole would have to be cranked way high up. Thundercats is a blip on the radar but not a big blip (unfortunately)

11. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Good news! I just left an inspiring e mail for Playmates Toys to make a bid on the ThunderCats master toy license.

Within a matter of minutes Mrs.Paula forward my message to the marketing team, for further review!

I'm sure with more emails our voice would be heard with encouragement !:)

12. Daremonger

That's awesome, bro!

13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Very good Y-Cat. :liono
    Playmates are pretty good at answering fans' questions.
    Perhaps if others contact them or sign an online petition it would show them there is still a lot of interest in the property. Also I think Diamond Select would do a pretty good job making Classics figures also.

14. Dragon78

Dragon78 Barbarian

I would really, really love a second season for the 2011 Thundercats with the original cast/crew. But I doubt it will ever happen though I am happy that the guy who was trying to put live action crap on a cartoon network is gone. It would be nice for them to rerun Thundercats (2011 and 80's), Green Lantern, Young Justice, Swat Kats, Thundarr, Teen Titans(2003), Jonny Quest(1960's), and any other cartoon from back in the day when CN ruled.

15. Warner Bros. turning down bids from Mattel and Hasbro in favor of Bandai is not the same as Mattel and Hasbro turning down an offer from Warner Bros.

16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It would be cool if CN could do with Thundercats something similar to what was done with Star Wars Clone Wars.
    Merged Post:
    That is a very good point. Although it does make me wonder why statue companies are so eager to acquire the licence.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  17. Daremonger

There needs to be an action-figure company that's interested in acquiring the "ThunderCats" license.

18. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Thank you! I wonder how many folks on this forum actually emailed Playmates Toys regarding ThunderCats?

Also the 30th anniversary for our beloved franchise is upon us so keep an eye out for that ^_^

19. Daremonger

I've already emailed Playmates. ;)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I emailed them a year or so ago for some info on the TMNT line. Eventually I may inquire about Thundercats.