Cartoon Network Changes!

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by T-Cat, Mar 10, 2014.

1. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I'm happy "The Powerpuff Girls" is making a comeback. I've liked that show since the first-ever cartoon short in 1995.

3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

There very may well be a ''overwhelming demand'' for a new Power Puff Girls cartoon. But regardless of fan demand there is a big opportunity to sell LOTS of PPG merchandise. Lack of merchandise sales is a massive hindrance to the Thundercats franchise and needs to be addressed if they ever hope to have a successful reboot or movie etc.

I must admit PPG was a pretty fun cartoon.

4. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Unfortunate, but so very true!

ThunderCats merchandise lack a certain level of catchiness to the young audience today...

5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yeah and it's not to say that it's the animal people element that isn't catching on because TMNT and Lego's Chima seem to be doing fine toy sales wise.

6. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

The problem with ThunderCat's merch is that they banked almost all of it on the toys. There was almost nothing else with the new TCats (maybe blankets or something). You see something like TMNT and you'll see posters, birthday cards, candy, etc, etc, etc along with the toys.

7. Daremonger

Only a miracle would bring the "ThunderCats" brand back on track.

8. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Excellent point! TMNT was always a silly enough brand to market for the young kids.

ThunderCats has that quality of tone if done right would sell like Batman and or X Men, maybe because it was not meant to be a silly property kids would enjoy.

Now don't get me wrong I'm a big TMNT fan but I grown to love ThunderCats more because of what it stands for!

Another example, most shows on Adult Swim are great for a mature audience but will never sell because it's not meant to be that goofy and/ or enjoyable for the younger audience.

Humor sells!

9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The original TMNT from the Eastman and Laird comics are drastically different from the 1987 cartoon series and movies etc that followed.
    It's not really a matter of humour selling, it's more about well crafted characters and interesting stories to attract fans.

10. DrReverb

DrReverb New Member

I'm glad to see there's still interest in the fandom for the new ThunderCats. I recently started a new campaign to bring back ThunderCats for the season two that was suppose to be. Unlike the last effort we're trying to bring in more fans to create a louder voice. Just this week we started a Facebook group and now have a Youtube channel. It's been done before with other shows (including ones by WB) and we're following in their footsteps. Please join us in the effort and spread the word.:D
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Back-ThunderCats/742555445802109

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqMm8k0A46WLhKzYj7dk-4A

11. Daremonger

An interesting tactic.

12. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

I like the idea! But the last ThunderCats episodes aired over 2 years ago and no one is currently working on it. Also most fans including myself think that an updated version from the original would be the best for the franchise! I still believe CN is working on that for fans and a movie will be made in the near future, WB knows it's potential!

13. DrReverb

DrReverb New Member

I do find it a daunting task considering it is a bit late to do this (the cancellation was announced in 2013) but none the less doing it because it is worth a try rather than wondering what if. The downside of this is it will be hard to convince others to join (even though clicking the like button isn't hard) but the upside to it is that because it's gone people (like me) finally feel the impact of the series' cancellation.

I'm buying the original series this week but I personally would prefer if they were consistent and continued with the same animators and voice actors. Again not sure how possible it is with the art studio in Japan and such but none the less believe it's an effort worth doing.

p.s. I've found about as many that like the new style as those who like the original.

14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I really doubt it will help. You see you have pointed out the main flaw with your campaign. People clicking a like button isn't enough for a studio to get behind. Clicking a like button is not hard to do and takes a second but there is no guarantee that the people clicking like or joining group etc will support it or make the cost of producing a second series/movie worth while.

Perhaps if you found out how much it would take to make a second series or movie and tried launching a Kickstarter campaign to fund it would be more worth while. Then all the fans will have a real chance to show how much they support it.

15. DrReverb

DrReverb New Member

If you look at our page getting likes is only the first step. Once we've gathered enough people we'll announce methods to get their attention. A petition will only be one of our strategies (and like said before we'll need tens of thousands to sign it). I don't want to release further details until we reach our first goal.

16. Daremonger

I fully support your idea.

17. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Harmony Gold are doing a Kickstarter campaign to try and raise the funds to produce a new series of Robotech.

Still I suppose any type of media attention is better for the Thundercats franchise than what it has now. Good luck with your petition. :)

18. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

I wanna like the page but your page basically wants to continue with the 2011 series, which I'm not a fan of! But if you could maybe edit it to a new series that focuses on the original mythology and so on, I'm all ears :)

Btw, Great way to keep the ThunderCats legacy alive! #Awesome.

19. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

"Liked" it and am hoping for the best

20. Daremonger

The legacy of "ThunderCats" will still live on.