Cat's Lair Interior

Discussion in 'Fan Art & Customs' started by FellowThunderian, Mar 3, 2017.

1. FellowThunderian

FellowThunderian Junior Member

Hey there!
    I started to learn how to use 3DS Max, and thought what better to model than some thundercats stuff? :thumbsup
    Below is my work in progress of the weapons chamber, briefly seen in the Pumm-Ra episode
    [​IMG]
    Hopefully :panthroor :tygra will enjoy working in here one day :D

2. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

3. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Very nice indeed! :thumbsup Please do keep posting more pics as the work continues.

4. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

That looks incredible. :)

5. FellowThunderian

Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated! :smile
    I made a small (noticeable) update with detail added to the ceiling now, along with some un-noticable tidying up :whistle
    [​IMG]

I've also been watching some old episodes to take more reference for the rest of the Cat's Lair interior. Funny how many small continuity errors I spot when I'm just concentrating on one thing though :geek For example, when Snarfer flies out of the window in Feliner Part 1, and the window looks completely different when viewed from inside and outside :biggrin

6. Daremonger

Excellent!!!

7. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Nice catch!

8. Wilycub

Very nice addition to the ceiling, FellowThunderian! I know it must be difficult trying to get references from the episodes as often times the layout of the room was different from one episode to the next. But you've done a great job so far and I look forward to seeing more! :)

9. FellowThunderian

One more small update with some detail added to the corners. Doesn't look too much, but took me 3 attempts to figure out some confusing angles o_O
    By the way, if you have any recommendations for more episodes with the Lair interior, preferably for infrequently seen/unique areas, please let me know :thumbsup
    [​IMG]

10. Wilycub

Some episodes which show inside the Weapons Chamber:
    * Micrits
    * Trouble with ThunderKittens
    * Tight Squeeze

But the interior does change from episode to episode. In some cases the Sword of Omens is kept in a separate chamber while in others it is kept in the same chamber as all the other weapons.

If you are interested in lair interior in general and not specifically the Weapons CHamber, then there's also plenty of episodes which show some interesting and not-so-common areas of the lair such as:
    * Snarf Takes Up The Challenege
    * Mechanical Plague
    * Mumm-Ra Berbil/DreamMaster (I'm not sure which of the two as they always confuse me!) :confused

Daremonger likes this.
  11. catgurl

catgurl Berbill

That's cool! I did try some 3D modelling with Maya but found it to be a bit too difficult.

12. Daremonger

You've done well as always.

13. FellowThunderian

Thanks for the recommendations Wilycub :smile I already saw Snarf Takes Up The Challenge recently, but I'll check the rest out again soon.
    Not had much time recently, but trying to figure out UV maps for the textures. Only got around to the door so far, but progress below.
    [​IMG]

Also tried getting the scene into Unreal Engine... it still needs a bit of work :cautious
    [​IMG]

14. Daremonger

Thanks for the update. I'm sure you'll get there.

15. thunderianroyalguard

thunderianroyalguard Manager - Toy Section TC.org Staff

What a fantastic project! You're of to a very good start, it all looks fantastic!! Great work, Sir! :)

Daremonger likes this.
  16. FellowThunderian

Just some quick placeholder textures added, but starting to take shape a little better now :geek
    [​IMG]

17. Daremonger

I'm lovin' it!

18. FellowThunderian

Project not abandoned, but not had much time to work on it recently :oops: However, I did make a start on the Council Room :smile
    [​IMG]

19. Daremonger

The Cat's Lair council room is sensational. :)

20. thunderianroyalguard

thunderianroyalguard Manager - Toy Section TC.org Staff

Was hoping you were still at it! Great work, looks amazing!