Cat's Lair NRFB

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Marketplace' started by housecat, Oct 24, 2006.

1. housecat

housecat New Member

Hi.

I have a Thundercats Electronic Cat's Lair that is brand new in it's box with the original tape and everything. It was supposed to be a birthday present to my husband's friend when he was little, and I guess his friend never got it, because it was in his parent's basement.

Anyway, we noticed one that sold on ebay for quite a bit of money and I was wondering if anyone here had suggestions for me on how to sell it? Is this a good place?

or ebay?

I apologize if this is a stupid question. I don't know very much about the Thundercats.

Thanks.:oops:

2. housecat

housecat New Member

... oh, and he has another one too, but it was opened, and loved, and played with-- but he assures me we can find all the pieces and put them back in the box.

3. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

I would put the sealed one on ebay. You might be able to put a set price on it here but I dont know if you would get it and ebay has a bigger market. I might be interested in the open one if you have pics and it is complete with nothing broken. I have had a heck of a time trying to get one I got one that came as a jigsaw puzzle so the more pics you can provide for me the better also let me know what your looking to get for it.

Thanks
    Matt

4. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

Best bet....Ebay. I'd be interested in just the box for the second one you have available. I'd pay TOP $ for it too, send me a PM and pics and what youre looking for it and perhaps something can be worked out

5. housecat

housecat New Member

okey doke. We'll try to get over there tomorrow or Wednesday-- but I'll get back to you for sure.

and Thanks!

6. housecat

housecat New Member

Didn't get a chance to pick up the open box yet...

But, we did put the unopened Lair on ebay -- we didn't get any interest on Craigslist.

7. housecat

housecat New Member

Ok...I've gotten many requests for a "Buy It Now" option... I don't mean to take advantage of y'all (you all?), but what is a reasonable price to set the B-I-N? The price guide on this site says $585. (got an email from someone that said it would be worth nearly $850... :shocked: ) Don't want to set it too low and give a dealer an opportunity to make big $$, but want it low enough for a FAN to get it...

Thanks!

8. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

The last sealed one on ebay went for a little over $800. The prices on this site are rough estimates, they very based on the amount of sales and things. You know ebay is an auction and prices are set by demand but I would let it run its course. But if you were to seriously put a BIN on it I would say $700. You should be able to get that if the person is serious about it no prob.

9. Jaga

Jaga Moleman

I would not put a BIN on the auction. Run it for 7 or 10 days. If someone wants a BIN then tell them $900 or $1000. You will get top dollar for it and I guarantee there are several people (besides myself) from here that will be bidding on it. The Lair is one of things that does not pop up in a sealed box that often for sale.

10. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

I'd let the auction run! I wanna see what crazy price this thing goes for these days! Like others have said already, we don't see a sealed Cats Lair up for auction on Ebay too often.

Like Matt says, the price guide is only a rough estimate. It's based on the average amount of many sources (some outside of Ebay) Remember this playset does not appear often at all for sale, so the price guide would be for the most part, based upon the last sale which was quite a while ago. Upon the end of this auction, the price on the guide will certainly be ammended.

If you are serious about selling it outright, then I'd say no less than $900 American Dollars. Anyone emailing for a buy it now without specifying an offer is just trying to take advantage of your inexperience of the toys and trying to get an incredible bargain from you. If anyone has been offering any less than $600, they are insulting you ;)

11. Jaga

Jaga Moleman

This is correct!

12. housecat

housecat New Member

WOW! Thanks for all the help! You guys are awesome. :cheetaraveryhappy:

13. starrcade89

starrcade89 Vortex Explorer

....could be a real 'one off' good present for a fan.

The price could go real high as x mas approaches, or not (as theres other presents to buy and moneys tight), sometimes you never can tell......

..its worth as much as a person is willing to pay for it at that time, id start it at no less than $500.00, even if you have to put it on a couple of times.

:bengali:

14. Im willing to pay top money for the sealed one or the box itself from the opened one, let me know if interested.

15. housecat

housecat New Member

Just thought I'd let everyone know-- we've got it up for sale on ebay again. (It "sold" for $760.00 the first time it was up for auction, but the winner didn't come through with actually paying for the item.:x ) Right now it's at around $300, and there's a buy it now option. Check it out. I just want to get it out of the living room!!

16. nicenthrifty

nicenthrifty New Member

Value?

I was wondering what you eventually sold it for. I have an Electronic Cats' Lair myself and have no idea what to sell it for. It's not unopened like yours but it does still have all the original styrofoam and packing materials.