CE marking on figures

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by adssse, Aug 28, 2014.

1. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I was just wondering if anyone can confirm that the CE marking on the Bandai figures occurs only from the second wave onward? I have looked over what loose figures I have and dont seem to find them on any of the wave 1 figures, but several wave 2 figures as well as the clear Tygra seem to all have it.

2. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Not sure about the new series figures, but I noticed something with regard to the CE logo. Some of the classics Tygra and Lion-O figures have the CE logo printed on their butt, others have the CE logo molded as part of the figure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Thanks for pointing this out Booshman! Do you know if these were different revisions? I also see that the numbers are different. Perhaps a higher number is a later release/revision?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  4. Booshman

I'm not sure, the ones I have with me have all been removed from their packaging so I wouldn't be ablt to work out the differences. I know I only ever got one of each with the name on the box, like this one:

[​IMG]

And I've got more than one of each type of CE marking, so I don't believe that packaging can be used as an indiction of which you will get.

I also checked the SDCC version and the evil red version to see what CE markings they have. The red one is the molded version and the SDCC has no CE at all.

[​IMG]

5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Those markings really spoiled the toys. Why didn't they just put them on the bottom of the foot.

6. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Ya, that would have been nice.

I am somewhat operating under the assumption that the CE marking was not originally on the products and was added along the way. By the way this may be an ignorant question, but what does the CE stand for?

7. Booshman

If you have the printed version you can remove it pretty easily. You can scrape it off with your nail without damaging the figure.

From ce-marking.org:

"CE Marking is the symbol [​IMG] as shown on the top of this page. The letters "CE" are the abbreviation of French phrase "ConformitĂ© EuropĂ©ene" which literally means "European Conformity"."

1. CE Marking on a product is a manufacturer's declaration that the product complies with the essential requirements of the relevant European health, safety and environmental protection legislation, in practice by many of the so-called Product Directives

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Do the US figures have the CE marking?

9. Booshman

I only have ones from Europe so I couldn't tell you, but the evil red Lion-O is odd in that it has the CE logo on the figure, but it isn't featured on the packaging like all the blue ones I have. There are pictures online of boxes for the regular version with no CE logo on the back, but that doesn't mean the figure definitley doesnt have a marking.

Edit:

Just looked at an online review and the US figure has no CE mark at all. The model number is still printed on the figure tho.

Skip to 1:42 of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN3_Rdsu9-Y

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Thank you Booshman.

11. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Thanks for all the info Booshman!

I have many figures with the CE molded into the plastic, but none with it painted on. All of these particular ones were bought in the US. I wonder if there is something to the European ones having them painted on when they were not molded and the later waves having gone to molding them all?

12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I can't recall if the NS 4" and 6" figures had the CE markings.

13. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Many of my NS 4" do, I will have to take a look at the 6" ones I have loose.

14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Well if I get the 4" and 6" figures I don't think the CE markings will bother me too much. Might get some spares and customise them. :D

15. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I just took a look at my loose 6" figures (only have two not MOC). Lion-O did not have any CE, while Cheetara had the molded CE on her butt.

16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Interesting. As much as I don't like the CE markings I don't think it will stop me getting the figures again sometime.

17. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Ya, on the ones I have none of them are painted on so I actually have to look for them or be holding them in the right light to notice.

18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

If I do some customs I will have to paint and sand over them anyway.
    Some OS paint schemes and a Bengali especially.