Cheetara wave 1

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Mark / Grizzlor, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

There is some speculation that Cheetara is in the first wave of six figures to be released in 2016. If so she's likely to follow the Adora buck / sculpt fairly closely.

If Cheetara is in the early lineup that'd be amazing. Ben Bishop did this great Cheetara custom using Adora as the base...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

That's a pretty cool custom.

3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I believe Cheetara would be a great choice to include in the first sub! I believe that buck could work well for Cheetara but would definitely need a few modifications.

Daremonger likes this.
  4. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Yes, particularly her mane and hands.

5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

That buck needs a bit of updating, especially the ankles, same for the male body.
    My one big complaint about the 4H / MOTUC is the female face sculpts. The vast majority were not very nice and awful from certain angles. In fact the fast majority all looked pretty much the same. Granted that may be due to trying to replicate the Filmation cartoon likeness. Some of the more recent MOTUC female sculpts have been vastly better to some of the earlier offerings. I really hope they match the Thundercats cartoon female likenesses and they don't end up being part of the MOTUC/POP clones.

6. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

Great custom ... it will be very nice to get her in the first sub. She doesn't require that much sculpting changes so it does make sense to include her in the first sub.

7. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

Love the body of the custom and the colours used, but the face just seems off. No disrespect meant. Cheetara and Adora might share the same posture but their facial features are very different. I hope they can get her face right, which I'm sure they will. Would love to have her come out with Wilykit like she did in the 80s.

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I must say this is one of the nicest Thundercats customs I have seen. I have seen a lot of very poorly planned and painted ones mostly done on older Marvel Legends bodies.