Chinese Thundercats minifigs

Discussion in 'Modern Collectables' started by Booshman, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Check out these knockoff legos with a Thundercats theme. Cheetara and Mumm-Ra look alright. On the whole they're not great. The makers tend to be able to do very good repros of existing minifigs, but new ones like these are hit and miss. Could be a good sign though, possibly more to come, and hopefully more accurate. There have been a lot of new releases very recently, hopefully they expand the line.

[​IMG]

Mark M and Wilycub like this.
  2. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Is Panthro "purple with envy"? :biggrin I kinda like Cheetara and the "Star Wars Mumm-Ra", complete with black laser saber. ;)

3. Booshman

Panthro is definitely an odd one here. Strange they didn't even get the colour right.

For motuc fans there are also He-Man and Skeletor figs.

4. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

These are actually pretty cool!

5. Booshman

Hey everyone. A buddy of mine has been talking to a big minifig vendor with factory contacts. There has been a massive output lately of random movie and tv properties getting the knockoff minifig treatment, and much of, if not all of it has been as a result of this guy and his work with the factories.

There have been mixed results in terms of quality and sorry to say that Thundercats, those pictured above, aren't there best. As with many things in China, they do their best work when they're directly ripping something off, and not left to design themselves.

As an example, my buddy gave them this picture of a fan designed MOTU minifig set.

[​IMG]

And they came up with these completed and for sale not long after:

[​IMG]

Are they spot on, no, but they're pretty damn close.

So anyway, I want to get some better designs in the hands of someone who can make them happen, and I want to know what people think is a good design style.

Something lego looking, like this?
    [​IMG]

Or more show accurate?
    [​IMG]

Should Pantho have a standard minifig head, or should his ears be an extra piece?
    [​IMG]

If you have any ideas, pics you want to link to, stuff of your own you want to post, please do so. I can't promise anything will come of it, and you will earn nothing from it if something you post is used. I've been tempted to do a custom order from him, but there is a minimum order of 1000 units per fig. So I would prefer to try an guide the guy with the contacts in the right direction and buy from him.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Mark M likes this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I think Panthro's ears look better as a separate piece. It gives all the Thundercats a unique yet uniform look. Although I would prefer the ears to be at a different angle than the ones in the pic. They should be pointing more upwards.

7. Booshman

Thanks for the input Mark. Here's a shot of the next MOTU figs they've cloned.

[​IMG]

Mark M likes this.
  8. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Plun-Darr Legend

Wow those MOTU ones are rather cool. I'd like to see them lego styled, but with the eyes similar to the MOTU ones.