Classic colours for Panthro and Tygra

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by oICEMANo, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Ideal

Ideal Glass Walker

i like the blue, but im fine with green as well

in the original cartoon, 4 out of 6 thundercats wore blue costumes. it makes sense that they would vary the costumes up some and make each character a little more unique this time around

2. Rizefall

Rizefall Swedish Meatball

They were hiding in episode 4 you know, and while on the run, would you really wanna have clothes with color so you stand out? Really? What if you would have an assassin after you and if you could blend in for example in a crowd of people or a dark forest. Would you by then choose blue as your color of choice so the murderer can't find you? I dont say you are wrong, i'm just asking you. Would you choose blue? Do you think Panthro and Tygra would be better of when they sneak, and run around if they had those bright colors?

I'm pretty sure, if you were dark colors you wont be as easily spotted in the woods + i'm sure most people dont wear blue.

Same goes for these "people". Wearing blue would not be approriate for them really.

3. HillsHollow

HillsHollow Vortex Explorer

True.

Though I honeslty think they put Tygra in green so you can tell who's who on the far off shots. Lion-o and Tygra would blur together and you wouldn't be sure who is who.

Which probably means the armor ties in to his back story somehow. :D

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  4. WileyKit

WileyKit Crabman

At first glance I thought those were origional colors. As I read along I realized that they were recolor/dyed different. I really like the changes you made. I've always been a fan of blue.

5. oICEMANo

oICEMANo Junior Member

So what about Lion-O? And Cheetarah who is bright yellow?

6. oICEMANo

oICEMANo Junior Member

Soooo... anybody tried these repaints on their new Tcats figures? :)

7. BoloWhip

BoloWhip Vortex Explorer

I must admit the blue panthro sent a wave of nostlgia thru me! :) I really think he's more Panthro with the original colours.
    I detest the green army armour on Tygra and would mch prefered for him to get a beefed up version of his clothing from episode 1. Lked the blue on him in the pic but maybe more subtle tones like the OS would fit better.

8. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

I also like the blue mor in both of them.

I hate that piece of armor in Tygra's left arm, makes him look like a Transformer or like a character from th 2002 MOTU show (Man At Arms or Trap Jaw).

9. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

Back before the show aired and we were seeing images of the new ThunderCats, I was actually wondering if Tygra lost his left arm and had a robotic arm. It does look really stupid, imho. :cool:

10. Lady Ocelli

Lady Ocelli Shadowspy

I've got to show Slithor this when he gets home later.

"What's a Samoflange?"
    Merged Post:
    Easier to hide in the dark? ;)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  11. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

Not to mention it must be heavy as hell :D

12. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

I don't understand what it is. If it's armor, he shouldn't be able to bend his arm. If it's cloth - what's the point?

13. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

could be chain mail or some kinda mesh or maybe even some type of kevlar-ish fabric.

14. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

Yeah, maybe something along the lines of Frodo's shirt.

15. BoloWhip

BoloWhip Vortex Explorer

If Bengali makes an appearance (which I have mixed feelings about) then I hope they give him some kick arse armour with nice spaulders on the shoulders, n the belt buckle thingy he had acoss his chest in the original....sorry off topic I know!

P.S Chetara's staff in the NS sucks....bring back the golden staff!! :)
    Merged Post:
    P.P.S I love the way you've edited the badges to show the thundercat symbol on there, makes such a difference I think!

P.P.P.S those crafty photoshop pro's out there...could u take a pic of tygra and make his skin/fur white and ice blue, and his stripes a dark blue so we can see what a NS Bengali may look like? Pwetty pweeeese???

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  16. balgus82

*shrugs* Easy enough.

[​IMG]

17. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

Looks too old.

18. balgus82

A completely new drawing wasn't asked for. What was asked for is a recolored Tygra. Thats what I gave. And for the record we don't know how old Bengali is going to be and even in the OS he wasn't younger than the NS Tygra.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  19. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

You also changed the shape of his hair. He looks like a cousin of mine. :p

How old was the OS Bengali?

20. balgus82

I changed his hair because Bengali didn't have the same haircut as Tygra. Simple as that.

As for his age, I'm not sure, but he wasn't a teenager.