Classics Packaging Variant

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by mcss aerocoupe, Sep 18, 2011.

?

Which version do you have?

1. No name printed

12 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Name printed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I have both versions

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

I noticed in my quest for ThunderCats figures that there is a variation of packaging for the Classics line. No, I'm not talking about the SDCC exclusive Lion-O box. This is for the standard edition Lion-O and Tygra figures.

Toys R Us figures have no names printed on the front of the card/bubble. However, Wal-Mart figures have the name of the figure printed down the bottom-right corner of the front of the bubble. I did see one in Wal-Mart without the name printed, but none of the TRU figures I have seen have had the name printed.

Attached pictures are of Toys R Us figure and Wal-Mart figure side-by-side (TRU on left) as well as a close-up of the Wal-Mart printed name.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  2. Ideal

Ideal Glass Walker

i picked mine up at Walmart and it had no name printed

3. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

I did see one without the name printed at Wal-Mart, but of the 3 Wal-Marts I've been at in the last 24 hours all of the rest had the name printed. So about 15 to 1 ratio.

4. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

I'm not sure what mine will be. I'm actually going to be getting the pair as a Christmas present this year so I haven't seen them.

5. Kameinu

Kameinu Mutant

Didn't know of this..probly because I haven't seen the packaging with the names. Mine are without names.

Haha! Bandai keeps doing it again!

6. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

Working at TRU, I can see why yours wouldn't have names. ;)

7. Cougar

Cougar Crabman

Mine didn't also.

8. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

I prefer no name printed, it gets lost anyway and its so useless. If they had their names like the vintage sticker burst then I would say otherwise.

9. Tygra77

Tygra77 New Member

I haven't seen any with the names printed but it's probably just a running change and will start showing up on all new figures.

The newer figures also have an extra piece of clear plastic added to hold their heads in.
    You can see it on the pics of the figures with the names.

The last figures that I bought have the extra plastic but no names on them.

10. michaelm

michaelm Active Member

Saw them with the names at Walmart for the first time today.

11. rickantel

rickantel New Member

i got mine from tru with no names and i work at wallie world and have seen nothin but the ones with no names so im thinking its just a running change

12. CrustyTbone

CrustyTbone Junior Member

For UK collectors this is an FYI

I bought my 2 classics and names were printed on both figures packaging. I've been back to the same store today and the figures are only available without names on packaging.

The store was the entertainer in meadowhall!

13. Blinded No More

Blinded No More Berbill

Mine didn't have a name on it, I got it at Wally World.

14. Osbert

Osbert Active Member

Rather than start a new thread I searched and found this one! It is related so hopefully I'm not stepping on toes.

I've now received both Lion-O and Tygra as a gift but have noticed a packaging variation. Both seem to be the UK/Euro style, but there a quite a few differences. Firstly the name/no name printed on the front, the difference in hanger at the top and the number of languages the text is in. Lion-O has the text in 5 languages while Tygra in 3. Also, Lion-O packaging features units in centimetres, while Tygra in inches. There are a few other differences which you can see from the photos.

Can anyone shed any light on these?

[​IMG]