Complete 2011 series on Bluray in November!

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by balgus82, Oct 26, 2014.

1. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

Guess what guys? It's finally being released! Not sure why they didn't announce it earlier.

Mark your calendars for November 11th!

[​IMG]
    ThunderCats 2011 series on Blu-ray

Unfortunately no mention of any special features. *sigh*

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I'm glad the 2011 series is coming to Blu-ray, since it was a hi-def series. I just hope it'll be remixed in lossless or Dolby TrueHD 5.1 audio. ;)

3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Thats fantastic news! I have been holding out from buying the DVD's hoping for something like this, but was just about ready to break down and buy them anyways. Now I will just pick this up instead!

4. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Hey guys,

If you're going to be buying this box set please use this link or the one on the front page to do so. This way the site gets some affiliate revenue from Amazon. The price is the same either way so please support the site by clicking through to the pre-order page using the image link below:

Buy on Amazon

[​IMG]

5. balgus82

Same here. Not to mention this set is almost half the price of the 3 DVD volumes together. lol

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  6. catamountain

catamountain Moleman

Such a shame that it like the DVD release is only available in the States and not here in the UK

7. Glasslite4ever!

Glasslite4ever! Berbill

Thanks for sharing !

8. Dragon78

Dragon78 Barbarian

Cool news, I was wondering if this was ever going to happen.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  9. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

As it's WB, the bluray should be region free.

10. Daremonger

I do hope they'll change to the 2011 "ThunderCats" logo rather than use the one for the 2005-06 classic-series DVDs.

11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I wonder why it hasn't had a UK release yet.

12. Mark / Grizzlor

Has anybody received theirs yet? Did it have any bonus features?

13. balgus82

Someone on facebook has it, and it does not have any special features at all. Would've thought they'd at least include the Snarf Butterfly Blues short or some interviews.

14. Daremonger

It's a shame the Blu-ray doesn't have special features; it would've been more exciting that way.

15. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

Butterfly Blues can easily be found on YouTube. Since there are no extras, I'll pass on double dipping and just stick with the DVDs.

16. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

And it's a shame they didn't decide to produce a direct-to-bluray 2nd season :(

17. Eclipse

Eclipse Moleman

I don't check Twitter often, but there was a nice surprise there this morning when I did. Thought I'd share :thumbsup:

18. Mark / Grizzlor

Hopefully Will tells people at WB and Cartoon Network to get their act together!

19. Daremonger

Will Friedle is an amazing actor, and he brought 2011 Lion-O to life. "Batman Beyond" was his first-ever voiceover role. :3

20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

A friend of mine is quite a big fan of the Batman Beyond series and introduced me to it. I would like to watch more of it as the episodes I seen were very good.