Complete 2011 series on Bluray in November!

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by balgus82, Oct 26, 2014.

1. TMNachoT

TMNachoT Crabman

Sorry if someone asked this before, but when family guy was cancelled and then there were dvd´s releases, the producers saw how well this dvd´s sold and they produced more seasons. Is it likely to happen with this thunderctas version?

2. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Good question. Does anybody know of a way to check sales statistics for a Blu-ray release? It was a popular TV show in its timeslot, but there was absolutely no publicity work done by WB outside of a facebook post to promote the Blu-ray release.

3. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I absolutely hate WB's treatment of the "ThunderCats" brand as a whole. :lionomad:

4. Dragon78

Dragon78 Barbarian

I hate the treatment of story based animated series in general.

5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yes the DVD sales brought Family Guy back, but look what bringing it back did to the show. It was not as good and has steadily got worse every season compared to the first three seasons.

6. NuudoruNoMasho

NuudoruNoMasho Berbill

Family guy is a run-on show. Deterioration happens easily to run-on shows because you eventually run out of ideas and start repeating themselves or getting strange. They did a clever thing when they did those two spin-off type things(Cleavland show, American dad) to change up dynamics and cover different subjects relevant to those dynamics and those seamed fresher while still maintaining that style of humor(I didn't like any of those shows so I don't really know if those spin offs were "good". I like the theory behind the idea).

TC2011 is a serial that doesn't have to return to status quo. It was supposed to have an arc (or arcs). That same-y Deterioration is easier to avoid. They rushed too fast in the pacing though, so the saving grace of a show with arcs might have been rendered moot because they didn't bet the farm on taking their time in the beginning. Always assume you'll have what you need, folks, so if the boss cuts you off, you'll at least be able to say you did a good job on the little you did.

7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

That is true it is a run on show with pretty much zero continuity. Same for all McFarlane shows. A bit like the Simpsons but worse.
    Give me the 2011 Thundercats (or any interesting animated show) any day compared to those awful humoured McFarlane shows.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  8. Daremonger

A tweet from Will Friedle's Twitter page said he'd be all for a DTV "ThunderCats 2011" movie, which doesn't seem likely.

9. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

At least TCats 2011 will go down as one of the best animated series cliffhangers of all time!

10. NuudoruNoMasho

NuudoruNoMasho Berbill

right next to juusenshi gulkeeva, samurai jack, Code Lyoko, and Sonic SatAM....Abandon the network model ye whimsical, wakadoo scifi, that defies convention... Lest ye be doomed to limbo.

11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I wouldn't say the 2011 series had a great cliff-hanger ending. The Thundercats gained a pretty massive victory over Mumm-Ra but they didn't finish him and the issue with Pumyra was still unsolved.
    Regardless though, after re-watching the series I enjoyed it quite a bit and definitely was left wanting more when it finished.

12. Wilykit

Wilykit New Member

After buying the DVDs I splurged on the BD cause it looked so sharp, bar e bones with no extras unfortunately, but what a stellar series, beautiful animation and a great story. One of the best animated series of all time.:wilykit::pumyraveryhappy::cheetara:

13. Daremonger

Owning "ThunderCats 2011" on Blu-ray would be a dream come true. ;)

14. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Amazon has them in a very decent price, i am buying one for sure, i haven't purchased it yet because i am waiting for acomplete Blue ray edition with extras and more features. Have the original Seris in the DVD Boxset:

[​IMG]

15. Daremonger

That Tygra figure looks spectacularly good.

16. ThunderTomCat

ThunderTomCat New Member

That is unfortunate that there are not extras. Still very tempted to get the Blu-Ray just to have TC in the highest quality. Plus anything I can do to support the series and bring it back in some form is worth it.

-Tom

17. Daremonger

Hi, Tom. Welcome to the message boards.

18. Luckineko

Luckineko Junior Member

I wish they can continue the series In comic book form..

19. Daremonger

Me, too. :)

20. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

At this point I would take that with a smile on my face. I would just really like to have the story-line completed.