Completed Thundercats Display including Laser Sabers, 8 backs, and other Rare figures

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Collector's Showcase' started by Robimus_Prime, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Robimus_Prime

Robimus_Prime Moleman

After a year of compiling the best figures I could find, this is my collection:
    Main display
    [​IMG]

Closer View of Case for Boxed Items
    [​IMG]

8 Back Thundercats Set + New Thundarians all with "New"
    [​IMG]

8 Back Villians Set + 4 Other Villians
    [​IMG]

Laser Sabers Ben-Gali along with Driller and Stinger in custom AFA Cases
    [​IMG]

Lion-with Snarf, Thunderwings Lion-O, and Laser Sabers Lion-O
    [​IMG]

Mumm-Ra with Ravage, Luna Lasher Mumm-Ra, and Laser Sabers Mumm-Ra
    [​IMG]

Laser Sabers Lion-O and Mumm-Ra Straight On
    [​IMG]

And Finally, Laser Sabers Ben-Gali's Solo
    [​IMG]

I started this year with only a few Carded Thundercats, and I sunk a few Thousand into this collection. I'm very happy with the results and I wanted to share the final product with the Thundercat Community. Happy Holidays All, RS

Stay Tuned if you are Interested: He-Man and Transformer Collections also Updated:

I had most of the Transfomers in boxes at the beginning of the year, but an area the collection really improved was Combiner Giftsets. I also purchased three large wood with sliding glass door display cases from the Ikea Store, two of which house Transformers and one the carded MOTU.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And at the start of this year, I also had 0 Masters of the Universe Carded Figures. I now have 52 of the 54 Different Characters released in the U.S.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any Comments are welcome, hope you have all enjoyed my pics, RS

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  2. WILKIEUK

WILKIEUK Junior Member

Awsome

Congrats thats epic collection man, had me drooling all over my keyboard!

3. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

Nice display and collection. Youre still missing the Tongue-a-SaURUS ;)

4. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Wow! Who cares that the Tongue-a-saurus isn't there (yet)! This is the best collection I've seen on this site!! Thanks for sharing!

Justin

5. Robimus_Prime

Robimus_Prime Moleman

Thanks everyone. I probably should have grabbed your Tongue-A-Saurus Manny but at the time (and still...lol) I didn't have the cash to drop without something to sell in it's place, I'm down a little over 3k on the year buying vs selling from Personal Collection but it's been worth it. I wish I had decent pics of all the stuff I used to have (a BUNCH more Transformers...sigh) that turned into what you see through the magic of Ebay and the internet. I do still one day want to get Tongue-A-Saurus (Even though I HATE that figure lol) and boxed Sword of Omens but by "completed" I mean I probably traded out half the MOC Thundercats and went through no fewer than 4 Mumm-Ra's on display since my pictures this summer lol. Now the ones I have I'm keeping more or less, thought part of the fun is finding good buys and trading out to get nicer or rarer figures for your collection, which I will have plenty to do with the He-Men cause some of those cards are pretty crappy. I would like to get all 8 backs and as many unpunched cards as possible, not to mention pick up Sorceress and Snake Face. Anybody got those?

6. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Wow, that is a freakin collection! Got some beautiful pieces there, thanks for the post!

7. Copperkid

Copperkid Vortex Explorer

best collection around, no contest. i'm jealous! lol grats

8. Robimus_Prime

Robimus_Prime Moleman

New Pics and Recent Additions

[​IMG] My display of Masters of the Universe
    [​IMG] Most money I've ever spent on a toy...but totally worth it!
    [​IMG] This was my favorite toy as a child, very excited to get it.
    [​IMG] Monstructor
    [​IMG] Bruticus and Abominus G1 Japanese Giftsets, not released in US packaging as a set.

9. lostdwarf

lostdwarf Vortex Explorer

still wiping the tears from my face wow, that is very very impressive. See the difference from you to me is I have everything open while you have everythign closed. Still amazing!

mike

10. Robimus_Prime

Robimus_Prime Moleman

Boxed vs Loose

I had boxed Transformers but a loose collection in Thundercats and He-Man until about a year ago at Botcon in Lexington I got a deal on 6 carded Thundercats. I forget which ones now but I remember Cheetara and Hachiman. It put me half-way to the carded set so I sold my loose ones for the money to finish it out, then it took off from there getting the rare and boxed stuff also. And He-Man I started the same thing about August and now I just need the Sorceress for all the American regular carded MOTU. It hasn't been as expensive as you would think, the Eternia and Battle Cat combined made 800 spent this month but I've sold all my extra Thundercats MOC the last 2 months for 900 so it was just moving things around. I figure they've added about 1500 in value for things that were extra and money already spent.

11. kokennels

kokennels Junior Member

does any 1 no if the lazer sabers are genuine cause ave never seen or heard about them be4 also dont think it would be 2 hard to get the figures in the case.

12. luketommo2

luketommo2 Vortex Explorer

kokennels

I actually bought one last year as a UK seller had about 8/9 in total and sold one to me-the 3 to robimus and 3 to spain

I sold mine to a person in Canada for $3200 and they are definately real

The uk seller bought about 200 moc's from an old person-and I assume he must have been a collector or worked for the toy makers.

I bought mine for £150 gbp and robimus paid about £100/£150 each for the laser sabers and the thunderwings lion-o and mumm-ra lasher-sad;y he got in before me and I only saw the laser saber bengali which i'd never seen before.

The Spanish person who bought 3 have them in his collection and will not be selling them which is nice to hear.

I guess always keep an eye out!

13. kokennels

kokennels Junior Member

8/9 of the lazer sabers then why is the guy selling them claming to have the only 1 in the world and the ben gali says theres only 2 in the world a dont think they are real they would of came up long be4 this

14. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

If youve been collecting for a while things like that could happen. I have seen pictures of prototypes, real ones. Matter of fact I had plans to visit the broker of some major prototypes to see them in person so just because something has never turned up doesnt mean it is not out there. It took me by surprise because I thought myself that those were prototype only so it was a shock to me but at the same time it was nice to see them. They are rare and even rarer IMO compared to the TW Lion-O and LL Mumm-ra. To give you a good example one Cheetara 8 back (no Wilykit) turned up last year. I had heard first hand accounts of people who looked for it for over 10 years and never found one, matter of fact many people dont even recall seeing one at all

15. Robimus_Prime

Robimus_Prime Moleman

Laser Sabers

Well I'm not really "selling" them so much as putting them out there for people to see, although if someone paid that price I would be happy since it only costs me 10 cents a month and brings in a lot of lookers/possible buyers for other things. When I made the auctions I knew of my 3 and Luke's Ben-Gali which was on Ebay and ended up with Mad Bubbler as I recall. I have since heard someone in Spain got a set but never seen pics or anything so as far as I know I have the only Lion-O and Mumm-Ra but maybe someone else does as well. Regardless they are insanely rare. I took about 2-3 months off from buying anything new but just this week I won a Sword of Omens in box and I've just won Manny's MIB Tongue-A-Saurus on Ebay so I'm finished with Thundercats as far as I know, will post pics when I get them in and worked into the display. I've been looking around at houses and one of my main criteria is a HUGE room where I can put all my displays together rather than spread out over 3 different rooms. I think the 360 effect would be really cool and show everything better. But anyway new poster guy if you would like to see a bunch of different angle pics of the Laser Sabers send me your email address I have the backs, UPC's, etc. They are real..and they're spectacular! :cool:

16. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

Robimus, are those "ProTech" cases the MOC stuff is in? And if so, can you tell me which ones they are?

17. Robimus_Prime

Robimus_Prime Moleman

Cases

Yes they are Protech Stars Wars Unleashed cases, you can get cases of 10 on ebay from The Earth Toy Mall for $40, item number is 330277619672. I think for the two cases I got U.S. shipping was $14, international I'm not sure. They fit all the regular size carded figures perfectly but Driller, Stinger, and 14 or 22 back Lion-O and Mumm-Ra are too big by a half inch in width (the 8 backs fit ok.) They are sturdy and a lot cheaper than acrylic so I've been happy with them, a guy I know in Louisville got 10 for himself as well. Hope that helps

18. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

Thanks Robimus!! Yes, for the larger cards like Stinger I will be getting the Acrylic cases from AFA, but for the others those ProTech cases are perfect and at a good price. Thanks again.

19. liono

liono Guest

you are not allowed to be SO DAMN COOL!!!! :sneaky:

lol :thumbsup:

That is amazing!!!! :eek:

if i ever win the lottery im buying your entire room !!! :D

20. Robimus_Prime

Robimus_Prime Moleman

Display

Thanks for the compliment, I've been very fortunate to find all these great pieces at prices I could afford this past year. Few people have benefitted from the crappy world economy more than me! :cool:
    I need to post new pics, I forgot I hadn't updated since January when I changed a lot of things. All the Thundercats boxed items are in one of those white Ikea sliding door cases and the carded figures are hung on the peg-board wall top to bottom next to the boxed items. I don't know if it looks better than before, just different, but it helped me put all the Transformers together in 4 cases on the other wall and the He-Men all together in the other room. I will take pics of the new display once I get the Tongue-A-Saurus, who I made room for yesterday!