Completed Thundercats Display including Laser Sabers, 8 backs, and other Rare figures

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Collector's Showcase' started by Robimus_Prime, Dec 19, 2008.

1. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

Are these new additions or did you take the plunge and send in your figures to AFA?:D

2. Robimus_Prime

Robimus_Prime Moleman

AFA figures

I did both actually, these 4 (5 counting the Cheetara I don't have in hand yet) I bought, 2 from Warpigs and Lynx-O+Grune on Ebay. I also upgraded my 8 back Mumm-Ra from a 70 to an 80 and I'm hoping to get a Tuska 75 on Wednesday. But I also took the plunge and sent my 8 back Panthro and Tygra along with Hachiman and Ratar-O (the best looking of the common figures I have) last Thursday so I'm pretty nervous/excited about that, I'm hoping at least one breaks 80. The Panthro is the nicest/clearest 8 back I've ever seen I just hope the creases on the card don't downgrade it. But the main thing I'm after is once I'm comfortable with the process I'm going to send the 3 Laser Sabers and Thunderwings Lion-O (Luna Lasher Mumm-Ra is pretty crappy but he fits in the LS Ben-Gali custom case I got) next go-round. They will be like 105 each to grade plus return shipping, insurance, etc, darn near what I paid for them in the first place but if AFA certifies them they should show up on the Lee's, Toyfare, etc pricing lists. Maybe with an article and my picture in a magazine (insert Mumm-Ra cackle) :cool:

3. mesepher

mesepher Moleman

Glad it went to a collector... but sure wish I would have bid a bit higher. What was your max bid?

edit: oh, and where are my manners! Congratulations on the winning bid!

4. Robimus_Prime

Robimus_Prime Moleman

I think I was at 250 and probably would have went to 300 on Cheetara but no one came after me, I doubt mine sells for much over 100 but it's still a great upgrade being that it looks so clear and graded high. I didn't bid much more on Mumm-Ra since I already had a pretty good one but hopefully I sell my 70 for same as I have in the 80 or at least close, I've been tearing down and re-building this collection for more than a year but it's been fun. I really like the unpunched 8 backs I will have 4 now and only one I won't have graded is Jackalman, mine is yellow and crappy :0( . I am trying to get them all graded/gradeable and US cards, or see how close I can get anyway. No timetable just trying to keep making my collection better before I get a kid or something and don't have money. :0)

5. snarf hunter

snarf hunter New Member

Wow that is the most impressive collection i've ever seen. Who ever owns this collection must be rich. I wonder if they are single cause i live in Ky. and still have some holes im my 80's toy collection :)

6. Robimus_Prime

Robimus_Prime Moleman

AFA 80 Laser Sabers Ben-Gali pic

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I finally got the guts to send this one in to be graded and was very pleased with the results, so much so that its cousins are on the way as I type. I also recently completed the Graded mint on card collection and in the next few days I'll have a new thread with all the pics, I have a 90 and a few 85's but most are 70-80, all regular issues are American/English cards which took some effort, the last ones I got were Pumyra, Snowman, and Safari Joe (who got a disappointing 60 so I may not be DONE done...lol)

7. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

Glad to see everything went well with sending those figures in! :)

8. Robimus_Prime

Robimus_Prime Moleman

Collection Updates 11/09

Here are the changes I've made since last postings, most noteworthy I now have a small but pretty cool I think GI Joe display including a boxed Flagg. Also all the Thundercats have been graded or replaced with graded ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Merged Post:
    Had to cut TF back to 3 cases to make room for GI Joe
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  9. brollicon

brollicon Junior Member

very nice love the rare stuff misb

10. Originalthundercatroar

Originalthundercatroar Vortex Explorer

That is a completely spectacular collection that you have there! I love the Thundercats stuff, but I also collect Transformers too, and it is so nice for someone who has a collection of the things you do, and in the completeness that it is, that you share it, instead of boxing it up and never letting anyone see it.

I had no idea whatsoever that a riding Battle Cat was made, I think that's one of the coolest things you have.

Also, in your professional duties, if you ever pull over a girl in a Thundercat symbol red 1978 Corvette with an Eye of Thundera decal on the driver's side fastback glass....

Please go easy on her. ;)

11. Robimus_Prime

Robimus_Prime Moleman

Thanks for the props, I've been really lucky to find the stuff I have that's been affordable and in good condition. I love looking at other people's collections and sharing mine. Right now I'm working on getting my Masters of the Universe all graded or grade-able. I can't see ever getting the Transformers that way but maybe a few pieces. I had one of those Battle Cats when I was maybe 3 or 4 and it was an outside toy, mine didn't survive the harsh Louisville winters but I was lucky enough to find one right here in town and was able to make a friend and toy contact that way.
    If I was to ever pull someone over with a Thundercats decal they would certainly not get a ticket :0) Sounds like a very sweet ride by the way!

12. Robimus, any chance you would be willing to post some updated pics to your collection? Since it is the single most fascinating 80s collection I've ever seen, was wondering if you've updated it any and, if so, would share?

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

13. Jay Bell

Jay Bell Junior Member

Your collection is incredible! MOTU, Transformers, and ThunderCats are three of my favorite toy lines. If you left me alone with your collection, you'd come back to find half of the packages opened. ;)

What's the story with the Battle Cat ride? I've never seen that before. The base looks so much newer than the cat/seat. Has it been refurbished?

14. Endorx

Endorx Rampager

Incredible... Truly an awesome collection.. Makes my open toys just feel like normal toys... :( Extremely jealous, lol....

15. Robimus_Prime

Robimus_Prime Moleman

Unfortunately I have no new Thundercat items to share, but I appreciate the messages and posts so I will add what I have been working on this year so far, which is the complete Masters of the Universe vintage graded collection. I believe I have 32 with 7 more on the way from AFA.
    As for the riding battle cat, it was one of my favorite toys growing up but mine was left outside with the swing set and eventually dry-rotted. I found a local collector with one who sold it to me for a great price. It has not been re-painted to my knowledge. Someone wants 20k for one on ebay but the more realistic price is a couple hundred, it's just hard to find them and harder still to find someone who will part with one.

16. Lynx-O

Lynx-O Glass Walker

OMFG! I want to go shopping! Awesome collection!

17. Robimus_Prime

Robimus_Prime Moleman

AFA Masters of the Universe

This is what I've been working on this year, full graded He-Man collection!
    AFA 90:
    [​IMG]

AFA 85:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AFA 80:
    8 Back Man at Arms
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    AFA 75 or under

8 Back Skeletor w/Warranty
    [​IMG]

AFA 70 8 Back Without Warranty Beast Man
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    8 back Stratos AFA 60
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Black Faced Grizzlor
    [​IMG]
    Refused 8 back Zodac
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  18. Endorx

Endorx Rampager

so envious.... Wish i had the mahooney to get such an awesome collection!!

19. Robimus_Prime

Robimus_Prime Moleman

Update for 2011

Finally got around to updating my pics, sold out of GI Joe to make more room for MOTU since I now have all the characters AFA graded and trying to do the same with the Classics. The Thundercats have been shifted from the pegboard wall to two of the White cases, and the Transformers were shifted over but remain mostly the same so no new pics. Enjoy: Thundercats
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    MOTU
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lots of stuff being graded and on the way so hopefully another update around March

20. wthompson

wthompson Crabman

Great Collection !