Completing the Mattel line ourselves

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

That is correct that there was a renewed interest when WB reached out to S7 and Brian said that they suddenly got into contact with them again - and that they would meet. So I'm assuming it had already happened. Other than that there was no word again. Toyfair is on Saturday so maybe we might get an answer as to the progress on this? Had it been a no, I'm sure we would've gotten that no from Brian already. Perhaps they're still working things out. With so many new TC-related products seeing the light, it is perhaps a great opportunity for S7 to join the line up.

2. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Glass Walker

It's time to stop being blindly optimistic. If we want more ThunderCats Classics, we are going to have to find another route like this guy who may be working on Snarf and Snarfer. Support the people who support us.

3. Serval

Serval Crabman

I think he mentioned it in one his follow-up mail updates for the Berbils order.

4. Sebastiaan

That would be awesome! His work really is superb.

5. Sebastiaan

It really is not a question of being blindly optimistic. There are conversations going on. That's a fact. One can hope that the outcome is positive. If it isn't, by all means, like before I will accept it. But there hasn't been a second "no" from S7 so I'm holding out for a positive outcome. I'm sure the fans of this specific line will do to (and I've seen countless comments from global fans that they still want S7 to continue the line). Until the no comes, I don't think I'm blindly optimistic. Don't get me wrong, I love the work that Joe Amaro does and will gladly support him if there isn't any other avenue to complete my line of Mattel figures (cause his really do fit in perfectly, don't they!).

6. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Glass Walker

How long do you think said conversations take? Will the line be out by the time you are dead?
    A simple agreement to produce an action figure line does not need to take this long. And look at the track record. I see no point in wishing when there are things we can act upon now.

7. Sebastiaan

I will choose to ignore your tone and sarcastic remark. It is out of place in this forum and it is personal.

With regards to how long it takes, I honestly don't know. I'm not in the business of toymaking and / or licensing. The last time S7 said that they've begun conversations with WB it took them over a year to give us an answer. I know that S7 could not give answers on their She-Ra Princess Of Power Club Grayskull figures for a long time as well purely because of the new cartoon that kept them from giving definitive answers on whether they will be able to release these types of figures in their CG line. It is possible, and that is based on the WB statement they released about TC, that there are lots of new things happening behind the scenes. Whether that is hinting at a movie, a cartoon, or whatever they're working on - there is always a reason why people can't comment. Since the WB announcement we've seen lots of new TC reveals. I think Toyfair and SDCC are the types of platforms that S7 would use to announce this license. I doubt it will be any other way as it is the correct place to grab the most attention - just like Mattel did back in 2015.
    And of course, everybody on here knows I'd love for the line to continue with S7. And as I stated before, if it doesn't, I will accept it and move on. But to reiterate, if S7 says it's a "no go", I will go my merry way and customize :biggrin