Continuity Errors within episodes

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by Wilycub, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

And on that line, what happened to the Berbils that took the Thunderians to Third Earth and got stuck with them in that island? We never saw the TCs helping THEM to get to the Berbil village.

Really, the TCs were so selfish some times (not freeing the slaves or helping the Berbils, leaving Tygra and Pumyra behind), and not particularly honorable in others: remember they got in trouble in "Sanrf takes up the challenge" because Lion-o tried to steal the nosediver; they got in trouble in "Fond Memories" because of Lion's vanity; and in "The Feliner", Snarf suggested they should steal parts from the Ratstar... I wonder what the Code of Thundera had to say about all that LOL.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    Wilycub likes this.
  2. Tygra_Rules

In the "Return to Thundera" episode, why did Panthro suggest the TCs should run away rather than fight? After all, they had Cheetara's speed and Tygra's invisibility on their side (which I guess the writers forgot about... again, like in so many other eps), not to say Panthro's strenght and also all their weapons. It would have been a so much better ep if by the time Lion-O got back with the plans he found the TCs figting the Warbot and share the plans with them so they togethet thought of a way of attacking its vulnerable spot.

Wilycub likes this.
  3. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I wouldn't have minded seeing more of those two Berbils from ThunderCats, Ho!

4. Tygra_Rules

It's not like I wanted to see more of them in future episodes, but it'd have been nice to see some TCs (the kittens or Cheetara & Tygra) taking them to the Berbil village safe and alife.

5. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

A very good point! And one that I am ashamed to admit I hadn't thought of before today :(. Yeah, what did happen to those two Berbils? We never saw them again. And I totally understand that the makers of the show (and the animators) didn't want to spend time and money animating a whole sequence of the TCats rescuing and taking the two Berbils back to the village. But they could have simply added one line of dialogue and it would have been sufficient. One of the TCats (Panthro or the Kittens) could have simply said, "We've safely taken the two Berbils to the Berbil village, now we have to rescue our fellow Thunderians".
    Again, another very good point. The TCats didn't really fight to the best of their abilities against the Warbot. They just sat in the Lair, throwing stuff at it. And the stuff they threw (fire, ice, chain???) wasn't that destructive either. They could have gotten out and faced the robot on open ground, with Panthro in the Thundertank. The robot was big and slow, they could have taken it down. They did take down the Technopede, and that thing was much bigger! Tygra was able to defeat the Warbot single-handedly later on in "The Mechanical Plague".

Also, how in blue blazes did Cheetara NOT manage to outrun the robot's statue-turning fire? :confused::00

Tygra_Rules, Mark M and LiamABC like this.
  6. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

Actually there's one shot of those two Berbils at the end. It's kind of odd they made a figure of one but not the other!

Wilycub, Tygra_Rules and Mark M like this.
  7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

There was a prototype of the light brown Berbil.

8. Tygra_Rules

I might have missed it then (all the times I've watched that ep LOL). Thanks Mark.

9. Daremonger

Do the later ThunderCats episodes written by William Overgard also count as continuity errors? :)

LiamABC likes this.
  10. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

Actually it was me you were quoting!

In any case, it's only a brief shot of them, and it's true we don't see them actually rejoining their fellow Berbils, but I think we're meant to assume they did as much soon after.

11. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

I just checked the episode and you are right! :thumbsup There is a shot of the two Berbils near the end. But strangely, they are on Fire Rock Mountain. How did they get there??? :confused:

LiamABC likes this.
  12. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

Snarf walked from the shoreline to Fire Rock Mountain in less time, right? The real question is why did they go there? Maybe there's only one road...
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wilycub likes this.
  13. Tygra_Rules

Oooppp.. sorry Mark, I mean Liam :biggrin

LiamABC likes this.
  14. Tygra_Rules

I remember seeing them at Firerock Mountian (always wondered what were they doing there) but not in the Berbil village... Now I'm more confused.

Of course it's up to us to assume the TCs took them to the village, but we never know (after all, if they never rescued the slaves in "Mumm-Ra lives", if they let Tygra run all his way from Castle Plun-Darr to Cats Lair instead of just teleporting him in "Mumm-Rana" -like they did with Lion-O and Snarf-, and if they just left Tygra and Pumyra behind in Third Earth, then they don't come by as the most considerate bunch, do they? LOL).

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    Wilycub and LiamABC like this.
  15. Daremonger

Speaking of "Mumm-Ra Lives!", in the first part of the story, Lion-O tells Jaga that the Star of Thundera obliterated Fire Rock Mountain. Needless to say, we see what's left of the mountain when Pumyra and Ben-Gali spy on the Mutants. That's most definitely a plothole.