Continuity Order for Season 2 (Episodes 66-90)

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by Ocean Doot, Aug 29, 2015.

1. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

Exactly. I mean, supposing, in this episode, Mumm-Ra had appeared to Lion-O as Jaga and warned him of Panthro or Tygra or Cheetara? It wouldn't have been as credible. (Although a warning about Cheetara could have added an interesting extra dimension to "The Telepathy Beam" in season 3!)

Daremonger likes this.
  2. ButterflyBoy

ButterflyBoy Thunderian Legend

"Catfight" is also clearly in the midst of Mumm-Ra and the Lunatacs learning how each other work. Notice how Mumm-Ra commands Allura and Chilla to fight the Thundercats at the end, just as he would normally command the Mutants, only for them to basically tell him off and leave. Typical, but Mumm-Ra seems surprised at how they don't obey his every command, indicating he hadn't collaborated a lot with them.

Daremonger likes this.
  3. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

That's exactly my feeling. Lion-O wouldn't believe "Jaga" if he told him not to trust any of the older ThunderCats. I mean they had shed blood, tears and sweat together for over 65 episodes. One cannot just turn against long-time comrades in an instant.

On the other hand we have these three new Thunderians whom the other ThunderCats hadn't spent that long time together with. Recall how the ThunderCats (apart from Lion-O) were suspicious about Pumm-Ra? They wanted to give him a week's trial run before inducting him as a ThunderCat even though he like Bengali, Lynx-O and Pumyra was also a Thunderian survivor and he had "saved Cheetara from the Mutants".

Daremonger and LiamABC like this.
  4. LiamABC

Probably less work needs doing on this one. Probably also not a lot required for seasons 3-4 either.

5. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

Besides fake Jaga's warning in "Cat fight", we should consider that, unlike "Pumm-Ra", in "Thunderats Ho!", when Lion-O dreamed about the other Thunderians, again it was Jaga who told him they were actually real Thunderians (why didn't he warn them since episode 1 I have no idea), so there might haven't been any doubt about their procedence.

Also, another WTF moment: if Jaga confirmed Lion-O his dream was true and there was indeed some Thunderians in Third Earth, why didn't he warn Lion-O about Pumm-Ra?

Plot holes, writers' laziness, many writers...

6. LiamABC

True. That's not really a point that affects the episodes' continuity order mind you . . .

7. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

I know. I was just pointing out an itneresting fact ;)

LiamABC likes this.