Could Super7 do a new animation like they did for He-Man?

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Thunderpants, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Super7 would need a big budget to do animation like Voltron. Considering the poorness of the MOTU cartoon I doubt they will be able to afford it.

2. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

They could if they get the rights for Thundercats so let's see...

3. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

If Super7 succeeds in getting the license, I picture a new ThunderCats Classic cartoon being a collaborative effort from Korea's DR Movie (backgrounds) and China's Wolf Smoke Studio (animation). The ThunderCats character models designed by Pyramid International would be perfect. :)

Sebastiaan likes this.
  4. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

I'd love to see a new episode. Even just for old times sake.

Daremonger likes this.
  5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

After the job they did on MOTU I very much doubt it would be anything like the Thundercats cartoon me love. It would probably be Thundercats done Filmation style to mix in with the MOTU...which judging by certain fans on here that would please a lot of the MOTU fans since the Thundercats Classics was nothing more than an offshoot of MOTUC.

6. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

I think the best way to go about it would be trace parts of the old show, add new backgrounds, and redraw the mouths to sync up to new dialogue. There's some serious talent that would need to be replicated to make a new episode look legit. That wouldn't be able to be done on the cheap unless they went about it in a manner like I have suggested., and even then it's a large undertaking.

Thundergod and Daremonger like this.
  7. jabus

jabus Barbarian

Am I in the minority that sincerely hopes they don't even try to attempt to?

Wilycub and Mark M like this.
  8. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

I would also hope that it is left well alone.

jabus and Mark M like this.
  9. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I actually wouldn't mind them attempting a "short" of some sort in a different animation style. There is no way they can replicate the original so why not try something different.

Daremonger likes this.
  10. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Maybe Super7 could call on artist Celesta Johnston, who's a ThunderCats fan herself, to design the classic characters in her style, so they could move forward with a ThunderCats short. Wolf Smoke Studio is my preferred choice for said short, though I doubt Super7 would stretch their budget so far with an official animation studio.

adssse likes this.
  11. jabus

jabus Barbarian

The nice thing about Warner Brothers being a Juggernaut is that more than likely Super7 won't get the chance to bastardize the toon.

12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It's quite ironic for you to be talking about money budgets and hiring an artist for work. LOL. You do understand that ANY artist they hire would be expecting paid for their work regardless of how much of a fan they are of a property...they wouldn't be doing it just for the fun of it.

Roadpigjohn likes this.
  13. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

What is way of communication between fans and Super 7? I went to their web site and they don't have a forum...
    I would like them to pick up what Mattel was teasing in bringing other 80's 90's properties in action figure form like Bravestarr, Silverhawks or Street Sharks.

14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I would love it if Super7 could release the Bravestarr series 2 toy prototypes. They would really help expand the toyline. Or even make more characters on the same bucks like Shaman, Vypra, Hogtie etc.

Roadpigjohn likes this.
  15. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

they do have a forum skullbrain.org

Roadpigjohn likes this.