Dan's Collection

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Collector's Showcase' started by dan07, Jan 19, 2009.

1. dan07

dan07 Glass Walker

Hey all!

As I've gotten my hands on most of what I wanted for my MOC Thundercats collection, I decided to share pics with you. I know some of you have seen some of these, but I've added my most recent additions and a little some interesting. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The cased 8-back Mumm-ra is an AFA 75, the Mongor is CSG graded and I didn't have it on display at the time, but I also have an AFA 80 Lynx-o:
    [​IMG]

Added some AFA cases for my tougher to find figures:
    [​IMG]

The pride and joy of my collection :liono
    [​IMG]

Some new additions:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally, my little something interesting...the paint on my cell phone was coming off and looking like crap, so I hand painted it to make it more asthetically pleasing (and personalized):
    [​IMG]
    Merged Post:
    And here's a picture of the AFA 80 Lynxo and my loose Tcats (incl one of my personal favorites - the Astral Moat Monster):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
    Daremonger likes this.
  2. Chromeagle

Chromeagle Barbarian

Thats one heck of a TCats collection:thumbsup:

3. dan07

dan07 Glass Walker

Thanks, Eagle. I've picked up an AFA 75 Safari Joe and an AFA 85 Top Spinner in the last week, so I'll make sure to post those pics when I receive them. I also finished painting the front side of my phone, so I'll post those pics at that time, too.

4. brollicon

brollicon Junior Member

very nice u have alot of patients i would of had to buy a display case and open all the toys to put them in nice if u sell anything let me know

5. dan07

dan07 Glass Walker

So we just bought a house and finally have a proper spot to display my collection. It’s been in boxes for nearly a decade. Here are some pics of the Thundercats portion of my collection room (I also collect Marvel and DC statues, figures and comics).

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hope you guys enjoy and lmk if the pics don’t display properly!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  6. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

A great set-up! :thumbsup

dan07 likes this.
  7. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I like this collection. :)

dan07 likes this.
  8. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Beautiful! :thumbsup Great set up and an amazing variety of releases and brands! Well done! I love that Hard Hero BenGali statue!

dan07 likes this.
  9. dan07

dan07 Glass Walker

Thanks all! Forgot to include this (signed by Larry Kenney)

[​IMG]

And here’s a close up of my Lion-0 / Mumm-Ra shelf:
    [​IMG]

I’ve got the Sideshow Lion-o and Mumm-ra Premium formats on preorder, too. Very excited for those!

Lord LionO, shortfuse and Daremonger like this.
  10. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Good work, Dan. :)

dan07 likes this.
  11. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Such a beautiful collection! It’s clean and displays so well! The only thing that would improve is some led lighting but a great collection non the less! Thanks for the share, really inspiring!

dan07 likes this.
  12. dan07

dan07 Glass Walker

Thanks! I’ve honestly thought about it. I’ve done it with my statues:

[​IMG]

For the most part, in person, they look sufficiently lit. They just don’t photograph great, haha.

Lord LionO, shortfuse and Daremonger like this.
  13. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

This is the sort of collection that I feel it in my gut when I look at it. So much great stuff, I can't help be awed by it. My mum had a look and couldn't believe you have so much stuff still in the box. There are some really amazing collections on this site, and this is definitely up there.

14. dan07

dan07 Glass Walker

Thanks so much, Boosh. That’s really awesome of you to say! I’ve purchased every single item back over the last 15 years or so (my grandmother gave away all of my childhood toys to charity while I was in college, so I had none of my original toys left). I bought a single mail away Mummy Mumm-ra as a nostalgic relic...and everything went downhill very quickly from there. Bless her, because my childhood stuff went to a good cause and without her, I probably wouldn’t have my collection :)

15. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Plun-Darr Legend

Excellent collection! Question: why is that Cheetara your pride & joy? Is it a rarer version? Don’t know the history so just asking.

16. dan07

dan07 Glass Walker

As far as I’m aware, she is the only known example of a carded solo 8-back (without Wilykit). I’ve turned down offers of $1,500 in the past for her lol.

Sebastiaan likes this.