Definitive List of Bandai Variants:

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by jabus, Mar 5, 2014.

1. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I couldn't agree more!

2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I promised myself if they released some Berbils I would by enough to make a small village set like an Ewok Village....but they never released any.

3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Ya that would be pretty sweet. I would have even liked to see some of the Petalars! (at least Emrick) :)

4. jabus

jabus Barbarian

Ban-Dai definitely missed the boat. And Wave 3 didn't look 2 promising.
    [​IMG]

5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I really liked the Wave 3 Tygra figure. This is what should have been released first instead of Halo Armour Tygra. I have nothing against the armour but I think it would have been better if he didn't start wearing the armour until after half way through the series. They could have introduced it in 'Native Son' as a gift from his Father or a memento from his native land.
    I would really like to know if Bandai still has the mould or if they still have some prototypes of this figure.

6. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Not that I mind wave 3, but you are right that Bandai left so much potential on the table with this line. I really enjoy variants but I would have much preferred some different characters in the later wave as opposed to redesigns.

Merged Post:
    While I do like this other Tygra if I had to choose one of them I would still probably go with the armor.

Like you, I would be highly interested in a prototype of this Tygra. I really wonder what was planned that never saw the light of day.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Could you imagine if there was a load of prototype figures and vehicles they never released images of.:rolleyes:

8. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

That would be epic! There have been some test shots up on ebay in the past, but I never quite had the money to get them. Hopefully one day I can add some of them to my collection.

9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I would really like that wave 3 Tygra. :tygra:

10. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

You know, I was taking another look at this the other night and I must say I actually like it more than my initial reaction. Maybe there are a couple floating around somewhere that will see the light of day!

11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I like it because it's more reminiscent of the OS outfit. Also the armour looks to Tech which the Thundercats didn't have so it would make sense for him to get it later on as they went on to embract technology with the tank, the pod bikes and the feliner.
    Also I was watching the first episode today and for having no tech Tygra's whip can turn him invisible and Cheetara's staff extends.
    I do like the armour version but I would have liked this version a little more.

12. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I would have "settled" for getting both :D

The thing that always threw me for a loop was Tygra with a gun.

13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Again it would have made more sense later on. :D

14. thunderscot

thunderscot Junior Member

Does anyone have a 4" wave 1 tygra with short whip and no CN logo

15. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I am still on the lookout for one. I have seen them before, but the price was a bit high for me at the time.

16. jabus

jabus Barbarian

I have a couple.

17. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I kinda remembered that you had at least one of them. Pick up any of the ones you were missing recently?

18. jabus

jabus Barbarian

Nope, not recently but keeping my eyes peeled. Stupid person on ebay has a set of the basic claw and sword up right now for cheap but won't answer my question about what revision # they are. GRRR.

19. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Isnt that frustrating. I have had a similar experience lately with a vintage figure. I have asked twice to simply confirm that the action works and have gotten no response. Good luck with your endeavor!

20. thunderscot

thunderscot Junior Member

Bought this deluxe Mumm-ra the other day noticed there wasn't a deluxe on the list with CN logo and a different logo on chest

Attached Files: