Deluxe Talking Plush Snarf?

Discussion in 'Modern Collectables' started by jabus, Aug 2, 2014.

1. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

This would be a very tempting piece to buy.

3. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

Absolutely, considering the vintage one is $$Expensive$$.

4. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I remember seeing this a while back and had planned to get it when it came out. However I just couldn't justify the price. It would definitely be great to have, so if anyone finds a good price on it please let me know.

5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I wonder who made it. The packaging looks a lot like the Bandai toys.

6. Mumm-Ra

Mumm-Ra Glass Walker

Underground Toys has/had the plush license. This Snarf has not been released and it was not on display at the unmanned San Diego Comic Con display. I've reached out to Underground Toys directly. Forbidden Planet has not been given a new ETA as far as I know. I'm waiting for my pre-order also.

7. catgurl

catgurl Moleman

Cool! I wonder what other phrases besides "Snarf Snarf" does he say? :)

8. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

Got this message I my inbox this morning:
    Dear Customer,

Thank you for your enquiry about the availability of the following item.

Thundercats: Deluxe Plush: Snarf

We’re sorry to inform you that this item is no longer available from our suppliers and won’t be coming back into stock.

This email means we have removed your name from the list of enquiries about this item.

Thank you for contacting the Forbidden Planet Mail Order team.

What...a....bummer. :(

9. Mumm-Ra

Mumm-Ra Glass Walker

My pre-order was cancelled. Also got e-mail today from forbidden planet.
    Bummer.

10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

More good Thundercats merchandise news.

11. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

That's too bad. I wonder if some of these will pop up somewhere? You would think they must have produced a limited number.

12. Dr_SLUMP

Dr_SLUMP Barbarian

Here's an image of the plush before it was taken down.

[​IMG]

13. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

That plush Snarf looks pretty adorable.

14. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Ya, I would have really liked to be able to pick one of these up!

15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The more I look at it the eyes seem a little strange. I still like it though and I would have been tempted to buy it if it had been released.

16. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Ya, I wouldn't say it is super cartoon accurate (the facial/head fur seems a bit straight). As far as I know they have only ever made Snarf in plush form (vintage of modern). I would like to see other characters also, but obviously the market isn't there.

17. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The facial fur definitely seems off. With doing a lot of portraits I have to pay attention to shape and detail of faces. I found the faces of the large Mezco figures to be hit and miss, Lion-O and Snarf especially.
    I recently got really into the Avatar cartoon but Mattel did not make an action figure of the lead female character. :mad: Only way to get all four main characters is to get the plush toys.

18. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Not to get too off track, but what do you think of the Mezco Mumm-ra, Panthro and Cheetara? In my opinion, those are very well done.

19. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I really liked the Mumm-Ra but I only owned Lion-O and Mumm-Ra.
    Mumm-Ra was a fine piece but my Lion-O had a miss coloured arm compared to the rest of him. Also his face and head sculpt was very poor.
    I didn't risk getting Panthro and Cheetara as I had to sell Mumm-Ra and Lion-O due to lack of space. Sculpt wise I didn't think there was much wrong with them, although I did think Panthro could have been a bit more bulked up.
    I did sell them mainly due to lack of space but they were basically statues and I have little interest in statues so I didn't care about selling them.

20. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I can understand the space requirement issue. I have Lion-O, Mumm-ra, Panthro and Cheetara but finding a good spot to display them is a challenge. Still dont regret the purchase though as I really like them even though I am not a fan of traditional statues either. Being able to pose them somewhat is fine enough for me.