Devall's Bandai ThunderCats (New Series) toy reviews!

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by blackiecats, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Just finished watching the Reviews, great job Devall,i look forward to the rest.:thumbsup:

However, these 4'' figs remind me so much to G.I JOE, maybe owing to the size and many articulation points.I can't say i am very fond of, actually I wouldn't mind if Bandai had sticked to the 6'' only.

2. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

4" Cheetara review!

[blip]h7RagtbaVQA[/blip]

3. Blinded No More

Blinded No More Berbill

Is it OK if I review a figure in text instead of video?

4. blackiecats

Sure go ahead! I think there is an existing thread for text reviews :)

5. Blinded No More

Blinded No More Berbill

Thanks. If there is, could someone link me to it please? I would like to post my reviews where they need to be posted, plus I just found out this is mainly a thread for Devall's reviews.

6. blackiecats

WilyKat and WilyKit from the 4" line.

[blip]h7Ragtj_UQA[/blip]

7. blackiecats

4" Tygra!

[blip]h7RagtrfNQA[/blip]

8. blackiecats

8" Classics Tygra review!

[blip]h7U5gt2TPAA[/blip]

9. Devall

Devall Junior Member

Thanks!

And yeah, I wish they would have stuck with a bit bigger line, but ehhh...what do ya do...

10. blackiecats

4" Deluxe Lion-O:

[blip]h7Ragt2mZQA[/blip]

11. blackiecats

4" Deluxe Grune The Warrior:

[blip]h7RaguCpMgA[/blip]

12. Endorx

Endorx Rampager

Devall, stop biting your nails.. Lol..

I disagree with the "its a great figure" bla bla, Lol.. There terrible

13. blackiecats

I don't agree. You have to see them as kids toys and NOT collectors pieces. I bought Grune today, after seeing his review and I think he's a fun toy to have :)

Do I prefer my MOC Ljn Grune? Course I do! But I see him as a collectible. Bandai Grune is a fun little novelty to have. I can see a child getting a lot of play from him.

As for the reviews, they are set up to point out what your getting. It's then down to the individual to decide whether it's worth picking up or not. There isn't any point ragging on a figure and being all out negative. If thats how your gonna be, then why review something you out right hate?

It's cool that you don't like them, but I guess its down to different tastes and what you view them as...

14. blackiecats

ThunderRacers and Lizard Cannon review

[blip]h7RaguT%2BCwA[/blip]

15. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Great review Devall, thank you for shedding light on the New Thundercats figs, for us who still don't have the chance of acquiring the New products, your reviews are very illuminating.

Blackie is correct mentioning these aren't collectors pieces but kids Toys which still appeal to old fans due to the nostalgia. Besides even the 85's Thundercats weren't instantly treated as Vintage items. Time and primarily the reception by the younger generation will prove whether Bandai's Thundercats can continue the immense success of their predecessor.

BTW, do we know the bIg picture about how the Thundercats are selling over the first 2-3 months? any offisial sales reports?

16. jvoz1980

jvoz1980 Active Member

wow, as a new fan of this series, i gotta say your reviews are great. i love these figures.i need wily kit and wily kat to complete the basics. this 4 inch line is what i think would have helped out motu 200x. i have the thundertank and the lizard cannon aswell. aside from mumm-ra, and panthro, the lizard is my favorite. dont know why, but he is awsome. thanks for another great review series devall! and i gotta say, the quality of your videos are great, youve really improved on a golden egg, as ive been watching you, and flavadave, since the popnet days, and im glad to see you guys have come along great! thx man!

17. Devall

Devall Junior Member

Thanks guys!
    Merged Post:
    Dude, If I could I would, lol! Actually I have two really bad habits. Chewing on my nails when I'm bored or stressed and chewing on drinking straws...I guess it could be worse...I could be doing crack...

You know, these figures really aren't geared towards collectors. I look at them as a child would, and some would argue that secretly I STILL am a child (My wife for one, lol) but EVERYONE has their own opinion, and I respect and admire that. There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING wrong with disagreeing with what I say.

The ONLY figure I have filmed for this series that I have yet to put together in a review that I have really hated and thought it was the weakest figure in the line is the Deluxe Tygra. And it is going to be a very hard review for me to do because it is truely the only figure I can play with and thing to myself "Man, four year old me would HATE this toy!"

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  18. jvoz1980

jvoz1980 Active Member

the deluxe lion-o isnt much better. you know what, there is three or four different versions of tygra and lion-o so far, i would much rather have other characters, like the elephants, or driller. i hope they dont keep giving us more tygra's and more lion-o's. gold lion-o, thunderracers lion-o, super lame deluxe lion-o, normal lion-o, powered up lion-o. i mean the updated figures to go alng with the show is cool, but i hope they dont go overboard.

19. Devall

Devall Junior Member

You know, I thought the Deluxe Lion-O was better done than the Tygra. At least the Lion-O had lights AND sounds...Tygra doesn't even have any sounds! How lame!

And well, as for the over-abundance of Tygra/Lion-o figures this is what happens with kid lines. They over-do the main characters (in this case the 2 they think matter) and just casually release other characters here and there. Look at Samurai Power Ranger, all I have seen is the rangers, no other characters except a really poor version of Rita Repulsa. That is the only drawback really. Been like that since the 80's really. They want parents to be able to snag Lion-O and Tygra since they are likely seen as a bigger over-all part of the show than the other characters.

Then again, just my 2 cents. ;)

20. jvoz1980

jvoz1980 Active Member

i agree, i just hope this doesnt end up like motu did in the myp/200x era, we were flooded with he-man and skeletor figures, and the green lantern line for the movie is nothing but different green lantern characters, no villains other than a paralax playset. im not into the power rangers, but i do buy them for my stepson, and his biggest thing is he cant find bad guys, just a hundred and one rangers. and i do realize the four inchers are geared for kids, and the collector stuf is the 6and 8 inchers, so hopefully they add more characters to both the cassics and 2011 series.im in love with four inch stuff, and im starting to talk myself into the 6 inch lion-o and mumm-ra, they are both in my opinion, the best of the classics. i also really like the 2011 6 inch mumm-ra, and i think he might be in scale better with the four inchers, due to the size he is on the show, he is huge. and ill probably buy another mumm-ra deluxe and 2 6 inchers, just to somehow add the 4 inchers wings to the 6 incher,lol!:thumbsup: