Do you collect other toylines? If so, which? Show them!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Off Topic' started by Vintage, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Vintage

Vintage Glass Walker

I think the title speaks for itself!

I first began collecting toys 2 years ago, when I purchased Panthro and Tygra from eBay. Now my Thundercat collection is "closed", since I've got the figures I wanted (The main Thundercats and the main Mutants). I just have to find some accessories and maybe a cheap Bengali if I ever come across one.

Then, I started remembering the toylines I had when I was a kid and still have almost all the toys in good conditions. I remember that some of the figures I never had and I really wanted them, so now I got to complete those collections, or at least get those I wanted back then.

So, after a few years of eBay and searching in old boxes in the garage, I resurrected some of them, specially Masters of The Universe, G.I.Joe, and Rambo.

Here are some pictures of my collection:

RAMBO:
    [​IMG]
    This is "half Glasslite from Brazil" and "half Coleco". Some of them are from my childhood, including the Jeep!

He-Man & The Masters of The Universe
    [​IMG]
    Those are all from my childhood, except Man-at-Arms. The "basic" characters, (He-Man, Skeletor, Merman, Evil Lyn, Beastman, Tryclops, Ram-Man & Man-e-Faces, Battle cat and Panthor) are from Brazilian company Estrela. The rest are Mattel original.

Sectaurs
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are my main focus at the moment! I had 3 evil Sectaurs when I was a kid and they were one of my favourites, because I could switch their arms with Rambo figures (also from Coleco) and they would become "beasts".

G.I.Joe
    [​IMG]
    I used to have them in a "small stair", but they kept falling. A cork board was the best thing I could ever thought! This way they are always "on sight" and never fall! They are all from my childhood except 4 or 5 that I bought recently. I've got some rare figures here, specially some Brazilian Tiger Force & Naja and some European Tiger force as well!
    They are divided in half too: Half Brazilian Estrela company and half Hasbro original.

What about you guys here? Some do collect the Thundercats toys and I'm sure you collect some other toylines! Let's talk about them in this topic, shall we?

:)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  2. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

I don't have any pics because I don't have any of my toylines on display - I pack them away in boxes and then get them out and play with them! :D But, I can tell you that my #1 collecting passion over the years has been Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, not just the toys but for a long time anything I could lay my hands on with a Turtle logo on it! These days I'm a bit more selective with my Turtle-buying, but I still love to collect some of the newer Turtles figures such as the TMNT movie line! :)

Like yourself, I also have collected Masters of the Universe, both the original 1980s line and the revamped 2002 toyline! My collection of these is probably about 75% complete, with certain pieces that, basically due to money, I've chosen not to pick up. Over the past few years, for some reason MOTU has become my favourite toyline to play with! :)

Inbetween picking up Turtles stuff I've been trying to collect Hasbro's short-lived Transformers Classics line - unfortunately these were not produced in huge quantities, and several figures haven't been released in the UK. Because of cash restrictions I didn't pick up several figures I needed for my collection when I had the chance, and so now I'm left with a frustrating search to try and find the ones I need - rarely a day goes by when I don't wish I'd picked up Astrotrain, my least favourite figure from wave 1, when I had the chance, now there are hardly any on eBay, much less anywhere else! :(

I will occasionally pick up a Star Wars figure that takes my fancy - Star Wars is a toyline that I would collect more actively if there wasn't always something on the shelves of higher priority to me, whether that be Turtles, MOTU, or Transformers. I have a bunch of Star Wars Episode 1 figures that I managed to pick up for quite good value, and I love to play with those! :D

Perhaps the biggest guilty pleasure I have is that I also have a huge passion for the Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends wooden railway system produced by Learning Curve! :oops: I've always been a big Thomas fan, and Thomas is also an official mascot for the National Autistic Society here in the UK, which is one of the charities I support. I own quite a lot of the Thomas wooden railway, not just engines and rolling stock but track, buildings, destinations, bridges, and more! And yes, I do play with them when I get them - I can't help myself! :D

And obviously, I do collect ThunderCats too, probably the most complete collection I have! :)

Take care...

3. dan07

dan07 Glass Walker

I gotta admit, I have my fair share of guilty pleasures, but I've decided to share them. I'm a huge Marvel Legends fan. I also really like the DC Superheroes line, any Twisted McFarlane line, and of course, the Tcats. Here are some pics of what my zen room looks like. It's where I come to relax...not quite traditional Buddhist style, but it gets the job done.

Hope you guys enjoy and feel free to comment away!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. EternalKnights

EternalKnights Junior Member

Show off. :P

I've got a modest collection of G1 Transformers, mainly reissues. However I still have my vintage Optimus Prime from when I was a kid. It's in better condition than most it's age. Of course the pride of my collection is Masterpiece Megatron - an item that's bizzarely becoming increasingly difficult to get hold of. Plus mine dosen't have the orange plug in the barrel either.

5. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

Hey dan07...I just so happen to be selling a full set of 8 of Mcfarlanes Twisted Land of Oz (Monsters series 2). Includes both variations of Dorothy, the exclusive Flying Monkeys and the rest of the figures. Its the most complete set on Ebay right now and the auction ends tonight
    MOC McFarlanes Twisted land of Oz Set of 8 w/ Monkeys

Oh and for those fans of McFarlane's Twisted figures...coming this Winter....Twisted Christmas http://store.spawn.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=178

6. Vintage

Vintage Glass Walker

Hey Chris! I do have some new Motu too, but only 6! I plan on acquiring some more if I see them on a decent price in eBay! About the TMNT, I also have some, but some are broken and no room to display them!

Don't you have any room to display them? That must be sad, I mean, having all those toys and not even beeing able to see them all the time. The next time you take them out of the boxes, take a picture, come on! :)

Dan, I've already seen some photos of your collection in that website you have in your signature! I really like what you made to that room! I dream on having one room of the house just for that! Toy display and video-games! Hope the wife ever allows that, LOL :)

I'm not a fan of the ML, but I like them all displayed that way! But I couldn't do that! I mean, at least 2 collections, one MOC and one loose! :)

7. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

The new MOTU line is the only toy line that I have probably 80% complete. The rest of the stuff I collect are all versions of Optimus Prime and Megatron, statues, and Final Fantasy figures.

8. Vintage

Vintage Glass Walker

Do you have a picture of it, Manny? I love the new line too, I have some figures (He-Man, Skeletor, Merman, Trap-Jaw, Beastman, Ram-man and Stratos) but I am looking forward (good oportunities) to get some more!

If you have the opportunity, please post a photo of your Motu collection! :)

9. Vintage

Vintage Glass Walker

Just edited my first post with pictures of the "bad guys" from the Sectaurs and Night Fighting Dargon.

I'm still waiting to see some of those collections, people! And I mean you, Manny and G.Romero! ;)

10. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

those are sweet collections. I would do mine but they are boxed up. I could take pics of the stacks of stuff if anyone wants (that would be boring though)

Anyway I collect a lot of lines in fact its prob too many. Im currently trying to finish, flash gordon, dragonriders of the styx, any remco lines minus the action force (gi joe like figs), and sunman.

11. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

I'll get some photos up soon. I've been doing some organizing and trying to sell some of the items that I no longer need (because if I had it my way, I'd keep everything!)

Btw, nice collection Vintage!

12. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

Besides Thundercats I collect MOTU, Bravestarr, and Silverhawks...

13. Vintage

Vintage Glass Walker

And where are the pictures? ;)

14. kylefromdirtnapp

kylefromdirtnapp Vortex Explorer

You asked for it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

Kyle those pictures are awesome looking. Very cool!!!! I'm jealous

16. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

I'm jealous too - just look at all those Transformers and (especially) GoBots! :jaw:

Take care... :)

17. Vintage

Vintage Glass Walker

Right on, Kyle!

I can't get enough of admiring MOTU collections and yours look very nice! I also enjoyed the RAMBO figures! I have 2 MOC too, Warhawk and Turbo! But mostly I have the figures loose as you can see in my post! Don't you have any of those loose? Would love to see them! :)

18. kylefromdirtnapp

kylefromdirtnapp Vortex Explorer

Wow, thanks! The GoBots usually get everyone, seems like not a lot of people collect them. Since I have the pics up, I was looking to trade the Rambo guys for loose ones. I'm not a MOC guy, I like to play with 'em. :D I bought them in a big collection. I would trade them even-up for loose, complete guys. I just can't bring myself to take them out of the pack 'cause I know there's someone out there who wants them on the card.

The cards are beat up, and everyone has at least one dent. Only two are yellowed, and one's not that bad. I'd also rather have a Mad Dog than a Nomad. Hit me up if you'd like to trade.

19. Vintage

Vintage Glass Walker

Seeing you collection reminded me that I made some Photoshop backgrounds for some of my MOTU Figures and I took a recent photo of my small MOTU 200X collection too!

Here they are:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If I had extra complete loose Rambo Figures, I'd trade with you! I just got my Warhawk and Turbo MOC because I already had them loose! I also have to touch the figures! :)

If I had the money (if I win the lottery one day), I'd love to have a toy room with "one moc, one loose" figure for the Thundercats, Motu, Rambo stuff! I'll keep dreaming, at least that's free! :D

20. catspat

catspat also known as...Leppardra

Gee whiz, and I only have Lion-O, Pumyra, Bengali, the little Snarf straw holder, She-Ra, and Panthor. I feel inadequate!;)

But, good lord, guys, do you have room for your furniture? I've never seen these many toys outside of a toy store. This is mindblowing, to say the least! :D

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007