Do you collect other toylines? If so, which? Show them!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Off Topic' started by Vintage, Aug 3, 2007.

1. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

I have been known to pick up some GoBots when I can get them, but hardly ever see them for sale - most of the ones I own are from childhood, where GoBots was one of my very favourite things! :)

Those Transformers also make me drool, as I've recently begun picking up some TFs that particularly appeal to me - I'm never going to go for a complete collection, I haven't got enough spare room, but I love the heck out of the Transformers Classics line, especially Starscream and Bumblebee! :)

Another thing we have in common! I never pick stuff up MOC unless it's a brand new figure to open straight away - I'm not too proud to admit that, at least when time permits, I like to play with my figures still. ;) Doing it as an "adult" makes it all the more fun because now I can come up with sometimes quite complex and imaginative story ideas - that's my story, anyway, and I'm sticking to it! :D

Take care... :)

2. Vintage

Vintage Glass Walker

Hey Catspat!

I have two pieces of furniture to display the toys, nowadays. They are a combo "bookcase on top / drawers on bottom" that has the computer, 2 shelves with the Thundercats and Rambo toys and in the wall there's the GIJOE's in a cork board. I also had some wood cut and those "L" to hold a new small shelf to put the MOTU 200X.

There's a narrow one that has the Motu, and Sectaurs stuff too!

When you collect toys or you have a room for all the stuff that can be nicely displayed or you have one like mine, where you must discover new ways of storing everything without too many space!

Hey Chris! I've read you saying that once, but I wonder, "how do you play with them?". Is it basically like when we were kids and put them "fighting and punching"?

I don't "play" with my toys, only if you consider that changing their display / position / cleaning is consider "playing". My girlfriend says that this is playing, but I always disagree!

3. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

Essentially - although, as I've gotten older I find the scenarios I come up with and stuff tend to be slightly more complex, with bits of character development and stuff thrown in. Essentially, instead of writing fan fiction I kind-of act it out with my figures, ditto instead of playing a role-playing game I will use my figures! :)

Yeah, I would say that's more "displaying" rather than playing, although it's still something that's fun to do. The beauty of these figures is, there are so many ways they can be appreciated and enjoyed! :) For myself I have only a tiny handful of figures on display, the rest I keep in boxes and get them out when I get time to play with them! :)

Take care... :)

4. kylefromdirtnapp

kylefromdirtnapp Vortex Explorer

I think opening *cringe* may be the only way to get complete Rambos. Looks to be the same thing with Chuck Norris' Karate Kommandos! I don't think I've ever seen a complete loose one.

5. thunderkittensmom

thunderkittensmom Active Member

I just started collecting Bleeding Edge's BeGoths. I don't think they are considered action figures, but I figured that I could still mention them in this thread :oops:

So far I have two 7" figures (Angelica Noir and Malice Looming, both Series 4) and three 12" dolls (Sinstress Series 1, Annabelle Lee and Leda Swanson, both Series 5). I am so addicted to those dolls! But it was very hard to find a space to display them with all those ThunderCats hanging around in our place. At first I was so sure that I would unpack them, so I can pose them nicely, but than when I got the first one I kind of hesitated....guess Manny gave me the MOC/MIB-bug...that means eventually I want to get some loose ones, too!

If anyone wants to check them out: www.begoths.com I will take some pictures of my mini collection sometime this week, so I can show you!

Nadja

6. Vintage

Vintage Glass Walker

He-Fan, that sounds fun! Unfortunately I seem to have lost my "playing imagination"! It's kinda funny, but I invented the most amazing stories when I was a kid, I have some videotapes back when my father had a camera and man, did I have fun! Maybe when I have a kid I use it as an excuse to bring back my immagination! ;)

kylefromdirtnapp, I imagine how hard it can be. I have those 2 MOC rambo figures, but even if I didn't have them loose, it would be difficult to open the cards! Look, does the figures you want loose have to be 100% complete? I mean, you can get them cheap on eBay and they have some weapons, they might not have them all but you are in a position I'd love to be! You see, I'd love to have a "MOC and loose" collection, and you already have the difficult part, have all those MOC's!

thunderkittensmom, those dolls are cute, I think I just found out the perfect gift for a goth friend of mine! So you have Thundercat stuff too? Why isn't it in the Collector's Showcase section? Show us the collection as soon you have the pics, we'd love to see it! :)

7. catspat

catspat also known as...Leppardra

Hee, hee, I've seen those BeGoth dolls in my local novelty store and, no, they are not action figures by any stretch of the imagination! I don't collect them, but I do enjoy looking at them. They are well designed, which is why stores like Hot Topic have them. Novelty stores like Aaahs bring them out at this time of year because the dolls' Gothy look is appropriate for Halloween. Quite fun! :D

8. thunderkittensmom

thunderkittensmom Active Member

Hehe, yup, the house is full of ThunderCats but that is because I am married to Mr. Mannyscollectibles :cheetaraveryhappy: I could show a picture of our daughters (2 years, ThunderCats addict just like Daddy) loose collection though ;) she loves her ThunderCats :bengali: She has got a mini catslair, Bengali, Snowman, Panthro, Grune, Snarf and an Army of Tuskas (4 of them) and of course not to forget a loose plush Snarf 8)

9. Hey Dan, sweet collection. I also collect the thundercats and dc superheroes line, although im only collecting the batman figures instead of the superman ones. I also collect Batman the animated series and the new Rocky line. Ive got them all under my bed though, really need to get them displayed but ill have to wait untill i get some serious shelves put up in my room.

10. figurasdeaccion

figurasdeaccion Junior Member

I do collect lots of stuff, mostly from the 80's cartoons. Sorry if there are too many pictures :oops: :oops: :oops:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

Holy Cow Dude!!!! Is that all one room?

Very impressive collection, congrats.:)

12. kylefromdirtnapp

:jaw: Oh my God! I have a million question, but I'll just pick one: Is that a real Wonder Bread He-Man? Also, I have a Commander Adama if you're looking for one.

13. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

Hands down the biggest collection of toys I have ever seen in my life

14. kylefromdirtnapp

Check this one out. He has over 4000 Transformers.

15. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

that collection is massive. Holy crap. He said he collects other stuff as well, I would love to see those pics, they would prob rival figurasdecisions collection

16. dan07

dan07 Glass Walker

Rob - thanks for the compliment!

Figurasdeaccion - JESUS TAP DANCING CHRIST!!!! That collection blew my mind. wow...

17. figurasdeaccion

figurasdeaccion Junior Member

Thanks for your kind words!

Here are some pictures from my Princess of Power and Unitoys mini Thundercats collections:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. EternalKnights

EternalKnights Junior Member

That is a massive collection. Truly colossal. However I take solace in the fact that I have something that you don't (or at least wasn't pictured). Masterpiece Megatron! (I'll get a pic up soon.)

19. kylefromdirtnapp

Watch out for rusty feet. I guess it's a problem. Keep them lubed!

20. I wish i could post mine but they are all hid away cause i aint got any shelves to put them on display!! Im working on this hopefully get some shelves up in the future, but its a pain gettin the right size, length etc. I collect the rocky figures from the Jakks line. Batman the animated series and the dc superheroes line (only the batman ones not superman). I think ill have to stop collecting toys soon as im running out of space and money to be honest ...its soo addictive! /cry.