Does Jackalman need any tweaks?

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Mark / Grizzlor, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

He seems pretty spot on design wise to me. Anybody notice anything that needs changing?

My only mild criticism would be that he is probably too bulky, the cartoon and LJN character were definitely scrawnier, especially around the middle.

But I think Mattel is likely to use the same buck (figure base) for a lot of the characters so it makes financial sense to produce them. Is there an existing MOTUC buck for a scrawnier character that might work better?

How about the paint job? Details on his weapons?

2. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Aside from him being skinnier, I thought no he is pretty spot on. I just hope the colors on the production figures are going to be as bright as the prototypes.

3. C.L.A.W.

C.L.A.W. Junior Member

Agreed......that is what I'd like to see for the finished figure. Reworking the lizardman mold would produce the best effect. And in addition to it being the first time Mattel laid eyes on it, it tells you those are both artist proofs. The actual paint masters and mold designs are still months away yet.
    The head however is friggin awesome. And the weapons should have a nice wash to add to the worn look.

4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Aside from being slight too bulky I think he is perfect. Much like MOTUC we will have to put up with certain characters having to re-use parts from others.
    I personally would have loved to have seen the Classics New Adventures He-Man done with a WWE Elite figures body instead of the bulkier MOTUC buck.

5. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I will echo that he is a bit bulky but it really doesn't bother me much. I believe this figure is extremely well done and cartoon accurate. Even if they made no further changes I would be happy.

The only other thing that comes to mind is wasn't the tip of his axe metal in the cartoon? It appears to be wood on the figure.

6. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

My sentiments exactly, adssse! :)

7. Dr_SLUMP

Dr_SLUMP Berserker

I really, really don't believe that the figure needs any tweaking.

And slimming now, NO! Definitely no, Jackalman was slender-ish but still very muscular.

Jackalman is perfect, Lion-O needs thinner eyebrows. That's all for me :)

8. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

I agree I don't think he needs slimming down. I prefer the body he has over the lizardman body. The lizard, while thin, looks kinda short as well.

9. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

I love Jackalman as he is!

10. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

I agree Gerrit, no work needed on him - all that's left now is for him to get on the production line!