ENOUGH VERSIONS?

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by TMNachoT, Apr 19, 2016.

1. TMNachoT

TMNachoT Crabman

I´m fan of the Ninja Turtles, a franchise that now i kinda feel I´m starting to get pissed of or loosing interested in the new versions.

3 live action films, one CGI film, 2 new films, two 2-D shows, 1 CGI show, one live action show, like several comics books titles by 4 differents publishers, millions of crazy toys, ... when it comes to pick up good versions, i don´t choose more than 3 versions (first live action film, Mirage comics and the 2K3 show).

My questions is, would you like to have as many Thundercats versions like the Ninja Turtles? Will you be happy with a ThunderCats movie directed or produced by Michael Bay? A live action tv show like next mutation? A new cartoon rebooted by Nickelodeon? Several comic books titles?

2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I get what you are saying but Turtles is like Transformers. To keep the brand relative and fresh they have to move with the times and try new things to not only appeal to the older fans but to bring in new fans. Some version have not been great but some have been fantastic arguably surpassing the originals.
    This is the reason He-Man and Thundercats are in the state they are in. Mattel messed up the 2002 He-Man toyline, the Thundercats toys and cartoon didn't do good. They should learn from their mistakes and try and improve upon it the next time.

3. grumpykat

grumpykat Active Member

one of the reasons franchises like TMNT, Transformers, MLP, G.I. Joe, etc. are still popular today is because they never disappeared from public consciousness. They always had a tv series on since their first inceptions. They didn't go MIA for 15+years at a time like He-Man and Thundercats. Also staying current with what the tv going public wants/sees helps too. Say what you will of Teen Titans Go, kids and adults watch it...and that's what's important: exposure. Comedy seems to be what works for tv animation today.

Now direct-to-video animation is a different beast and one avenue I can see Thundercats thrive, though I wouldn't mind a Thundercats GO! on CN.

4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I imagine a Thundercats direct to DVD movie something like the DC Universe movies would do very well. WB need to take a risk on Thundercats and try something else. The 2011 was too much like Avatar and whilst Avatar was critically acclaimed it didn't exactly sell a lot of merchandise. If WB bring Thundercatas back they should look more at the
    successful cartoons that are selling lots of toys.

Daremonger likes this.
  5. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I would be thrilled to see more adaptations of Thundercats! Some may like a new version less while some more, but it would bring more life to the franchise and no one can take away the iconic classic series that we have!

xluckinekostylex and Daremonger like this.
  6. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I say it's about time Warner Bros. did something with ThunderCats other than new merchandising. :wilykit

xluckinekostylex likes this.
  7. TMNachoT

TMNachoT Crabman

The TMNT franchise has an advantage that it is set in our planet, where pop culture, trendy stuff, slangs and what is cool with teenagers and kids can be part of the turtlles personalities. Kids can be related to that stuff. The actual CN toons have a lot of comedy and those are the shows that go on instead of ThunderCats and Young Justice that are "more serious".

8. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Given the option of a Michael Bay style version of Thundercats, or nothing at all, I'd probably go for nothing at all. I'd rather be happy with what we've had than see it slip in quality even more.

That said, the attention it would bring to the classic show and possibilities for merchandise or new media realted to that era of Thundercats are a tempting prospect,.

Mark M likes this.
  9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Well MLP:FIM is not set on our planet and it is awesome. A good write should be able to make interesting, likeable, funny characters and great stories set on any planet and not have to rely on earth and modern trends.

10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I know what you mean. As much as an awful mess the live action Transformers movies were they did help bring about the wonderful Transformers Animated and Prime cartoons along with lots of toys based on both shows and toys based on the old cartoon/modern comics and reissues of the old G1 toys.

11. TMNachoT

TMNachoT Crabman

But at least MLP has more stuff where children and teenagers can be more related to in comparison with a heman or thundercats audience, and of course, if a cartoon is set or not in our planet, a writter with skills can make a good stories, but "funny stories" is something that, the way i see, are not part of the ThunderCtas, at least for me ThunderCats is not a funny cartoon.

xluckinekostylex likes this.
  12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Well Thundercats OS and NS had Snarf etc try and be comical and He-Man had Orko. I agree though neither has to be overly funny.
    TMNT 2012 has Mikey be funny but there is plenty of excellent writing that make the character and the show great.

TMNachoT likes this.
  13. grumpykat

grumpykat Active Member

at this point in time, I'd be happy with a novel series. Start from scratch or set in the same world from any of the various incarnations. Unfortunately, it seems Thundercats ain't a top priority for WB.

Mark M likes this.
  14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

A novel series would be very cool. But I doubt WB would do that.

15. xluckinekostylex

xluckinekostylex Glass Walker

We're in the same boat , you and me.

16. mumm_ra_n_rana

mumm_ra_n_rana Thunderian Legend

If they ever remade Thundercats I would HOPE they didn't turn it into such an abomination as they did with teen titans go. That show is nothing more than Chernobyl toxic waste.

17. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I hope they don't make a Thundercats like TMNT Next Mutation LOL!

18. xluckinekostylex

xluckinekostylex Glass Walker

That fighting choregraphy was good but the dialogue and storyline is crap and cheesey! Yuck!

19. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Well it was done by Saban to be part of the Power Rangers storyline. Hence the crossover episodes.

20. mumm_ra_n_rana

mumm_ra_n_rana Thunderian Legend

Can you image thundercats being like the new PPG or TTG?!

Mark M likes this.