ENOUGH VERSIONS?

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by TMNachoT, Apr 19, 2016.

1. xluckinekostylex

xluckinekostylex Glass Walker

It will work you just don't know it, you just want to left a permanent cliffhanger, it has already has 2,055 supporters. Mlp are just a sellout overrated, attention hog of a show these days, just like tmnt, one too many versions of it. Ever since twilight got her wings. It's all about friendship this and friendship that, but what about justice, honor, or responsiblity?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  2. mumm_ra_n_rana

mumm_ra_n_rana Thunderian Legend

Plenty of cartoons were left on cliffhangers and never got finished. Spider Man Unlimited is a good example. While the show Reboot ended on a cliffhanger that show managed to get a comic series to end it. I doubt it will be the same for Thundercats 2011 though. It just doesn't have the fanbase Reboot has.

Mark M likes this.
  3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Please stop with the MLP references to me. I have watched the show and liked it well enough. I wouldn't consider myself much of a fan. Just accept they got Thundercats 20011 wrong. The best thing WB can do now is learn from their mistake and get a better team to work on the new one.

mumm_ra_n_rana likes this.
  4. xluckinekostylex

I'm sorry , but this isn't the 80's anymore this is the 2010s.

5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Plenty of other shows better than Thundercats were left unfinished.

6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The decade doesn't matter. What matters is making a good shows and that's what WB needs to focus on. Look at TMNT Next Mutation. It was terrible (what I seen of it) but they waited a couple years then made the 2003 series. 2011 Thundercats didn't do good. It's 2016, time to try something new.

7. xluckinekostylex

Let's be CLEAR , i do appeciate 80s original as much as anyone, i mean don't get me wrong!
    But like the reboot better for what it is, despite some of the hammy issues.

8. mumm_ra_n_rana

and MLP friendship is magic is a 2010s tv series! it's here and now and you have to just accept it and STOP complaining about it! You're coming off as an extremely bitter person who is jealous of popular tv shows because they're not the one you like. MLP and Thundercats are owned by two different people and Hasbro didn't go and make the series to ensure thundercats failed. I don't think hasbro is even AWARE of thundercats but if they were it wouldn't make any difference, though if hasbro owned thew rights to Thundercats we'd probably not be having this discussion. Hasbro knows how to sell a franchise If they got the rights to it a new tv series would probably be in the works.
    That being said a new thundercats series would be a good idea. the 2011 series is over and it has been for about four or five years now, It's not going to come back. Cliffhanger ending or not and 2,055 supporters is a VERY small number in the grand scheme of things. a VERY VERY small number. That is practically NOTHING.

9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

More to the point I wouldn't even really class the end of the 2011 series as a cliffhanger at all. They still had get one stone and defeat Mumm-Ra. Big deal.
    Same with Young Justice. It was finished. They just hinted at what could come in a third season.
    Sure no one has ever finished Dungeons and Dragons and that show achieved so much more with its characters and stories in the 27 episodes it had.

10. grumpykat

grumpykat Active Member

sure the reboot failed: as a toy commercial.
    As for the show itself, it was getting on average 1.5 mil viewers per episode, bout the same, or better, as an episode of some of CN's current, long running shows. Same deal with the DC shows Young Justice, Green Lantern, etc. When the emphasis is to sell toys and the show isn't convincing the kids do buy, the toy company investing in said show is gonna pull out, even IF the show is pulling viewers.
    Perhaps it's best we realize Thundercats is a product of it's time, like Rambo and Terminator, and not one of WB top priorities at the moment, if at all. The best one can hope for is that the new He-Man/Thundercats crossover is such a success that it makes DC think about starting a new ongoing Cats series.

xluckinekostylex likes this.
  11. xluckinekostylex

The goal is 5,000 supporters, maybe it has , maybe it has , that is why it's eating me so much! It's like the reboot is a footnote in todays pop culture.
    Can u understand that?
    Maybe i could make my own diy continuation comic continuation or a radio drama where the 2011 series left off!

12. xluckinekostylex

Well i hope, they could make a 2011 continuation manga!

13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

All the more reason they should sell Thundercats.
    It would be cool if the comic kicked up some interest in Thundercats again.

xluckinekostylex likes this.
  14. mumm_ra_n_rana

the last episode of D&D was recorded. there's audio of it but no animation. I think you can listen to the final episode on youtube though.
    like I said. If hasbro got hold of the rights Thundercats would be having a new series YESTERDAY! But hasbro doesn't own the rights and WB is being selfish with it. They could be doing so much with it and they're not. Maybe they should do what disney did with the Muppets. Their reboot movie that came out a few years ago was written BY the fans FOR the fans and it was a big hit.
    ASs for Young Justice I would have bought the figured for that show but I didn't have the money. YJ was a good series and it even had comics and a video game.

Mark M likes this.
  15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

WB have done lots with Thundercats for it's fans...why just look how many statues are on the market for fans to buy. They even sorted out a new toy line with Mattel.
    Just look at how the staue and Mattel lines turned out. LOL
    Be grateful you didn't waste your money. The Young Justice figures were absolutely awful.

16. mumm_ra_n_rana

My point is I really wish they'd make another series for the cats. I'd like to see a new cartoon for it. Just not that weird rock band one. >_<

Mark M likes this.
  17. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

That we can all agree on. :D And not hire Jelenic or Dan Norton or anyone involved with 2011 series to work on it.
    Nickelodeon should buy Thundercats.

mumm_ra_n_rana likes this.
  18. xluckinekostylex

Just ask Studio Mir to a continuing 2011 mini series.

19. mumm_ra_n_rana

won't happen.

Mark M likes this.
  20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Depends on what team would be involved.