ENOUGH VERSIONS?

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by TMNachoT, Apr 19, 2016.

1. mumm_ra_n_rana

mumm_ra_n_rana Thunderian Legend

I wonder if the people who did the well animated thundercats episodes would be willing to work on a new series. I loved the animation in episodes like "spitting image" and "mumm-ra berbil". Everyone looked so good in those episodes.

Mark M likes this.
  2. xluckinekostylex

xluckinekostylex Glass Walker

Well who do you expect to do be more qualified?

3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I don't think she went about how qualified they are.

4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I heard some of the animators went on to work for Studio Ghibli.

5. mumm_ra_n_rana

now that is interesting.

6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

In fact I believe it was the studio that worked on Thundercats that went on to become Studio Ghibli.

7. mumm_ra_n_rana

I would LOVE it if they animated a new thundercats series!

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I'm more concerned with the creative and writing teams that would be working on it.

9. mumm_ra_n_rana

they could have fans work on it maybe? I know I got a lot of ideas. XD

Mark M likes this.
  10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Norton and Jelenic were supposed to be fans and look how that turned out. Norton used his designs for Lion-O and Panthro that he did back in 2003-2004.

11. mumm_ra_n_rana

Reboot panthro doesn't look like a cat. he looks like a gorilla.

12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I should have said kept them similar to his original designs.
    Norton's original Lion-o looked like a mixture of 2011 with Beast machines Cheetor.
    I think the 2011 Panthro and Lion-O actually looked better than his first designs.

13. mumm_ra_n_rana

lol beast machines cheetor is just disturbing. XD

Mark M likes this.
  14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

None of the Beast Machines designs were good. Far worse than the 2011 Thundercats.
    Granted the Dinobots and some of the more futuristic G1 designs were cool. But the whole concept was robots in disguise. They were supposed to be disguised as everyday vehicles and objects. Same with Beast Wars. They should all have been normal earth animals.
    When they get into all the designs being futuristic/space vehicles and mutated and techno-organic animals it really loses the point.

15. mumm_ra_n_rana

well you know the shows were just to sell toys. beast machines take place on cybertron though. beast wars took place on prehistoric earth and they had a good reason for taking animal forms.

16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

No I have nothing against Beast Wars having animal forms. It made sense. I mean when the fuzors and the techno-organic animals came into it.

17. mumm_ra_n_rana

they have to sell toys. lol

18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yes but the toy sales for G1 and Beast Wars were stronger when their alt modes actually resembled real things.

19. mumm_ra_n_rana

I don't know what to tell ya. Beast wars lasted 3 seasons and had an actual ending. I just wish megatron hadn't cloned dinobot and made it trans-metal. When the real dinobot died I cried!

20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

That was a really cool episode with Dinobot fighting Megatron. I really liked those episodes with Ravage in them.