Episode 4: My Feels!

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by mumm_ra_n_rana, May 28, 2016.

1. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Silverhawks was definitely inferior to Thundercats, but I did find several of the villains intriguing.

Mark M likes this.
  2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Some of the villains were intriguing and well designed. They would have made good guest or new villains in Thundercats.

3. mumm_ra_n_rana

mumm_ra_n_rana Thunderian Legend

M
    Mon*Star could have totally been reworked into an evil Thundercat actually. They could have reworked him as being one of mumm-ra's experiments (since they were going to make mummsy a mad scientist anyway) and his armored form is the product of that. then have him go up against Lion-O and WRECK him. LOL

Mark M likes this.
  4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Maybe Mumm-Ra could splice himself with some of Lion-O's DNA and get some of his powers etc.

5. mumm_ra_n_rana

LOL. We're still talking about mon*star right?

Mark M likes this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yes :) he would be good as one of Mumm-Ra's experiments.

I meant though they could maybe have even reworked Mon*star as a new form for Mumm-Ra.

7. mumm_ra_n_rana

Oh... that wasn't my idea though. they already showed mon*star as a separate being so I was thinking he could have been one of mumm-ra's very early experiments and he was used so much for whatever reason the mummy could think of that he was driven insane by it. So like after the ship landed on third earth the cats, fearing his insanity and insanely terrifying power, had him sealed away somewhere either far from thundera (the city) or way below the city in a chamber that's held shut by very strong magic. And like after time passes he become a sort of boogeyman mother cats tell their kids about. you know like "if you don't behave mon*star will come for you".
    But like then some time during the series Mumm-Ra decides, since he can't seem to get the eye) he needs more muscle so he goes below the ruins and releases mon*star from his prison but since mon*star is insane and unpredictable mumm-ra uses his magic on him to force him to work for him. either via mind control or some kind of device he puts on him. Afterward he would sent mon*star after the cats and he WRECKS lion-O though he doesn't get the sword but he does become a huge problem they got to ake care of because he won't stop going after them until he's defeated. How I got no idea.
    My only problem is the whole moon star of limbo thing. Not sure how that would work into it.

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I think we our wires crossed LOL. I was meaning in terms of the original series as in if Silverhawks wasn't made and just the character design used in the original Thundercats series.
    I like your idea for putting him in the 2011 series.

9. mumm_ra_n_rana

I think we did. LOL

Pffft it would make an interesting fanfiction, except for the fact I don't really wanna write a story about a series I don't like that much.

Mark M likes this.
  10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I am not really a fan either. It had some good and interesting moments but the series just wasn't a good Thundercats cartoon. MOTU 200X, Transformers Beastwars/Armada/Animated and TMNT 2003/2012 are good examples of how to remake/reboot an old cartoon. :D

11. mumm_ra_n_rana

You like beast wars?! :mummra HURRAY!!!! I loved that series too.

argh. I am going to have to write that as a fanfic because it won't leave me alone if I don't. Though I STILL have no idea what to do with moonstar of limbo. >_<

Mark M likes this.
  12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Beast Wars was awesome! Even Beast Machines was quite good. I haven't seen any of the Japanese Beast Wars anime yet.

Just don't include the moonstar of limbo. ;)

13. mumm_ra_n_rana

well the only thing I could think of about that was his eye patch had a fragment of it inside it and it only works if the moon is out.,. How he got the fragment would have been during one of mumm-ra's planet raidings and the moonstar was like the moon surrounding the planet of Limbo. The moonstar had some kind of powerful properties that had a funky reaction to mon*star like it caused him to mutate with the armor so mumm-ra kept fragments of it. Like mon*star would have been a secret weapon. lol I came up with most of this in the shower yesterday. XD

Mark M likes this.
  14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

That could make him already more interesting than he was in the cartoon. I watched 5-7 episodes of Silverhawks and I really couldn't get into it.

15. mumm_ra_n_rana

lol I could have been a writer for the show lol if I had been born when the cartoon was out and I was 20 years older.
    The wiki for silverhawks isn't much helpful either. it says basically basic stuff but he comes off as boring in what I read. Though I bet if silverhawks got a reboot it would be MUCH more interesting than the original.

16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I don't know. It would need to be drastically different to make it interesting. That is how bad that series was.

17. mumm_ra_n_rana

well the thundercats reboot is drastically different from the original. so different not even the original characters from the original series seem to fit in for the most part. Mumm-Ra just feels completely out of place in the 2011 series. There are just too many questions about WHY he even exists or why he looks the way he does or why he's a servant to the ancient spirits why he's a mummy why his sarcophagus is a TANK with andross' face on it..

18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Put it this way. The original series was about some cosmic jail Mon*star escapes from and some intergalactic police station exists, with so few people they send light years to earth for people, who have to be cybernetically enhanced for the journey and combat, whilst Mon*star has a criminal underworld gang and the place in space they fight has an electronic man made sun.

19. mumm_ra_n_rana

O_O ROFL. well it DOES have some ideas but was executed poorly. Reworking the series could actually make it into something awesome. I get the feeling though since earth is simply called earth and not third earth and those shows are supposed to take place in the same universe that this show takes place LIGHT YEARS before thundercats.
    If I cared for silverhawks at all Id probably watch it just to see how it could be retooled and reworked into something much better. I'm too lazy to do that though.

20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I wouldn't advise watching it. I found it very boring and just could not get into it. More to the point the heroes were so boring and bland and silly...not to mention the designs were so generic and crap. They all look pretty much the same.
    A cybernetic guy with robotic falcon parts and a robotic bird companion (wow ripping off Marvels Falcon much lol) I could understand as part of a team but whole group of basically the same character no thanks.
    Come to think of it much like G-Force the smallest/youngest member even has an annoying weird voice thing going on.