Episode review blog

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by Owen Morton, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Owen Morton

Owen Morton New Member

Hi all,
    I'm a bit of a lurker here, but I thought you might be interested in my blog reviewing Thundercats eps, starting at the beginning and working my way through. I've posted up to Episode 9 (The Garden of Delights).
    The link is here: https://thundercatsreviews.wordpress.com/
    The reviews are fairly light-hearted, not taking it too seriously. I came to Thundercats without knowing too much about it; I watched it on and off when I was little, but was never a huge fan, so the reviews are from the point of view of someone who doesn't have intimate familiarity with the series.
    I hope you enjoy, if you take a look!
    Best,
    Owen

2. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

Liked your blog; made me laugh although you're not that much into TCs really, are you? LOL You are really harsh on them (although I had to agree in most of the things you say).

Just one thing about "Garden of Delights": Tygra doesn't remark "looking good, big guy" at himself, but at the Lair (maybe meaning it's good after the earthquake).

3. Owen Morton

Owen Morton New Member

Thanks for looking, and glad you enjoyed! I obviously wasn't watching carefully enough to see who Tigra was talking to.... still think it's a bit nuts though!

I think my issue with Thundercats is that it's got a great setup and it's often really exciting, but it seems to not know what to do with itself. I think someone (possibly you!) in another thread said that the situation often gets resolved with Liono simply doing the "Thundercats Ho!" business, which I don't really like - it's too easy. That's why the story so often revolves around Liono losing his sword, because that's needed to spin the peril out a bit.

I'm harsh on them because I write for humour, and I admit that maybe I exaggerate the silly bits in order to try to be funny! Though I always try to give it a basis in fact...

4. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

LOL

Never mind, I love the harshness on your posts... I get they're written with humor.

And yes, many people here (not only me) complain about the deux-ex-machina thing with the Sword. Would have been great to some some episodes in which the TCs do the job instead of Lion-O and his blasted SoO. Can't even blame it on the 80s because MOTU had some eps like that.