Exclusive 8" Lion-O at Singapore Comic Convention!

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by blackiecats, Aug 27, 2012.

1. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

http://www.thundercatslair.org/2012...gure-by-bandai-at-singapore-comic-convention/

Remember when Mumm-Ra transformed into an evil version of Lion-O in the classic series episode, Fond Memories?…. Well now is your chance to pick up a version of this in action figure form, as Bandai Asia will be releasing the red Lion-O variant at the Singapore Toys and Games Comic Covention taking place between 1st-2nd September 2012! The figure seems to be a repaint of the 8″ Bandai SDCC 2011 exclusive, but still a cool edition to anyone’s ThunderCats collection!

Be sure to check it out at the The Falcon’s Hangar Booth. For more information on the Singapore Comic Convention please be sure to visit:

www.Singaporetgcc.com

[​IMG]

2. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

I really wish I could order that. If anyone is going there and willing to pick 1 or 2 up for me, send me a PM and we can work out shipping.

That said, the picky side of me hates that the ankle joints STILL are not painted to match the boot color.

3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I would like to pick up one of these too. Think there is any chance we will be able to order these from the USA without having to pay the markup of ebay?

4. grune

grune Junior Member

red lion-o

would love to add this to the collection !!! but i dont think anyone should purchase bandai items untill they can confirm that the line will carry on! ive contacted them numerous times and no response!! at least i have all the 6" figures but at this point a waste of my time and excitement for this line and a huge waste for bandai to even get the license.

5. cloudraker19

cloudraker19 Crabman

That might not be the best approach to this. Bandai might be considering results from these kinds of figures to gauge future budgets. So by all means, buy this figure if you like it. Show Bandai that producing one figure per conventions is a good idea. If the line is dead on retail, make it a possibility for internet release like Mattel does. Their business model might not be great, but it's solid.

I'll gladly buy this figure, and show support for low run convention exclusives, if that's the only way we'll continue to get new Thundercats products.

6. starrcade89

starrcade89 Vortex Explorer

7. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

HUGE NEWS THUNDERCATS FANS!!! We just got word from The Falcon's Hangar is going to offer fans of the "Save Thundercats" Campaign the exclusive 8 inch Evil (Mumm-Ra version) Lion-O for $48.00 USD per piece!!! Item(s) will be shipped via re...
    gistered mail. This is is limited to the FIRST 50 Thundercats fans that message us telling us you wish to purchase the figure. Send us a message and INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS in the message. The first 50 emails addresses will be sent to The Falcon's Hangar and they will contact you directly!! Act fast because this is a limited offer and with a limited supply!!! Get YOURS NOW!!!! www.facebook.com/savethundercats

We have also posted picture from The Falcon's Hangars booth at this years STGCC

8. Blinded No More

Blinded No More Berbill

All I can say is: why Singapore of all places?

9. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Question for those collectors more familiar with the exclusives/limited editions... Is this a fair/normal price for these types of figures? I would like to get my hands on one of these, but at approx. $50 it is a bit hard to pull the trigger.

10. luketommo2

luketommo2 Vortex Explorer

Just paid for 2 red lion-os from tan at falcon hanger

Just wonder how many were made-I heard only 50 but not too sure on that.

Will be worth something in the future as they will be rare.

Just hope my figures arrive safely and not damaged.

11. Dr_SLUMP

Dr_SLUMP Berserker

ThunderCats are definitely not famous in Singapore. I'd say completely unheard of. I really don't get this.

12. starrcade89

I dont get it either, but what a cool collectible at a bargain price imo...
    Almost too good to be true.

13. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

I like Fond Memories a lot and was the last episode for Season 1,still don't fancy so much this Lion-O figure, i'll stay with the original version

14. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Fond Memories was one of my favorite episodes as a child. There was something about Lion-O facing off against himself that I was an awe of as I was watching.

Although this it is the same mold with red instead of blue I actually really like this figure. It may be nostalgia, but I think I may try to get this one still.

15. starrcade89

A package from Singapore arrived today!!!

Needless to say im over joyed, this figure and packaging is amazing, and packed very well, so props to TFH for a super quick and professional service.
    Enjoy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:thumbsup:
    Merged Post:
    Nearly forgot about the bonus accessories:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  16. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Thanks for posting the pics. I am expecting mine soon and hope it comes in as good of shape as yours! It really does look like a nice figure.

17. Pumyra

Pumyra Junior Member

18. starrcade89

I'd say-
    1. eBay they can get 4-5 times as much per figure so don't sell from the site for $48, EG:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandai-Sing...=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Or 2. There sold out!

I guess it was worth the initial contact to get them first as looking at the last few that sold on eBay your looking at £50 plus.

BBTS has them on pre order:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BANA10275&mode=retail&picture=out

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  19. Lody666

Lody666 Berbill

Picked up two of these bad boyz

Given the limited amount of Thundercats that were made available between 2011 and 2012-I am grabbing what I can.