Expressions used in Slithor's and my fanfic

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Fan-Fiction' started by Lady Ocelli, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Lady Ocelli

Lady Ocelli Shadowspy

I thought I'd post some of them here just to see what kind of feedback I'd get.

Bed Warmer - a courtesan usually female

Sand Cat - a Thunderian outcast who lives or has lived on the beach.

Sharp Blade - a person who is both intelligent and creative.

War Pelt - During the Clan Wars, a prisoner would have the skin of his/her back, arms and legs cut off then displayed as a trophy. Officially this ended when the wars did. Thankfully, this practice is considered illegal at the time of our story.

2. Nine Tiger

Nine Tiger Great Void Dweller

Quite visually arresting, and should be used in your stories whether illegal or not ;)

MGP

3. Lord Slithor

Lord Slithor Mutant

We probably will in the next story arc after Slithor's war. That one would involve the return of the Marauders - the renegade Thunderians that were followers of Grune. Since they obviously wouldn't observe or revere the Code, they'd most likely do something like that.

4. Mumm-Ra's Wrath

Mumm-Ra's Wrath Laser Beast

So is this story or parts of it accessible yet? :confused:

5. Lord Slithor

Lord Slithor Mutant

We wrote a few early chapters, but looking back I'm not very proud of them and I'd prefer to start from scratch. They were written kind of clumsily and I realized that it was clear that what I was doing was less like Thundercats and more of my own story that the Thundercats just happened to be in. A lot of that came from my own insecurities I had with the show and how I felt about it at the time. There were some aspects of it that back then I wasn't comfortable with and wanted to distance myself from.

Nowadays, though, I feel more confident about incorporating more of the lore of the show into it, so it actually feels more like a Thundercats story. Albeit one that has a bit more emphasis on the Sci-Fi aspects. I've written synopses for the first two "books" in the series (there was to be a total of at least four) and I even put them up in the notes section of my Facebook page. They're still saved as Word documents. So if you really want to see them, I can just copy/paste and put them up here. So let me know if you're interested.

6. Mumm-Ra's Wrath

Mumm-Ra's Wrath Laser Beast

Yes I am for sure. You could send them to me if you don't feel comfortable posting them yet. I can understand that sometimes you need to do some edits and revisions before you want people to read it. :liono

7. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

Do you guys have stories on the board? I didn't see a category for you.

8. Lord Slithor

Lord Slithor Mutant

Not yet, but hopefully we will soon. I can post the synopses I've written for starters (thanks again MRW, BTW, for the positive feedback! :D) If I can, maybe I'll get started on the actual book writing. NaNoWriMo sounds like as good a time as any! It'll be challenging, though, as I don't know if I'll have time what with work, class and all. But fortunately my classes this quarter aren't as demanding as the ones I had last quarter, so maybe I'll have a little more time.

9. Lady Ocelli

Lady Ocelli Shadowspy

I have a short story in progress in the fanfic section under "Lady Ocelli's fanfiction" called "Birthday Surprise". I also posted a story segment in the same area. Officially, this is Chapter 3 but I wanted to give everyone a sneak peek to comment on. :cool: