F.H.E. Home Video Releases

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by thezaxfactor, Jun 4, 2018.

1. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

It took me a while, but here's a look at the latest ThunderCats.org resource—a deep dive into the American home video releases by Family Home Entertainment. Woohoo! Enjoy, and let me know if you catch anything incorrect, misspelled, overstated, etc.

Relatedly, there have also been updates to the pages on The Lost Intro and the "Exodus" deleted scenes.

Still to come on the home video page:
    • Big Box Volume 1 artwork (my childhood copy is a mess)
    • Photos of cassette labels and internal packaging
    • Links to video captures of pre- and post-roll advertising
    ETA: Does anyone recognize the shot of Lion-O used on the spine of Volume 9? I don't think it's from "The Wolfrat" or "The Time Capsule", and I'd love to add a note to the page that correctly identifies the episode it's actually from.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

By Jaga, you've done pretty well with the ThunderCats VHS boxes! :D

3. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Is it from Safari Joe? It looks like the shot from the Lost Intro that was used when Joe is analysing Lion-O with his robot. the shot looks like the bit where Lion-O swipes with the claw shield, but the image is flipped.

Edit: Here's a comparison.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    thezaxfactor, Wilycub and Daremonger like this.
  4. Daremonger

Great comparison. That particular Lion-O animation actually is from the "Exodus" pilot, albeit somewhat modified in "Safari Joe." :)

5. Booshman

Where in Exodus?

6. Daremonger

I meant the intro to the "Exodus" pilot. That's where that shot of Lion-O came from.

7. Booshman

Ah, the lost intro, as I mentioned in my initial post.

8. Daremonger

What do you think of thezaxfactor's ThunderCats VHS box art so far?

9. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

Thanks for your help, Booshman! I've updated the page. It's such an odd frame to have chosen—he looks worried, like he's gritting his teeth.

10. ButterflyBoy

ButterflyBoy Thunderian Legend

Awesome job, thezaxfactor! I love it!

And for those of you who knew that screenshot, we need you over at the "guess the screenshot" game! :-D

11. Booshman

I just spent the last week going through the lost intro frame by frame. I never usually get the ones in the screenshot thread so quickly, if at all.

Just soemthing that could be added to Berbils. All of Lion-O's dialogue about the swarm and the bug it turns into is ommited in the VHS version. The music cue is also different.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  12. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Awesome! A very appreciated addition to the site!