Feasibility of vehicles and structures?

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Thunderpants, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Thunderpants

Thunderpants Junior Member

I know that MOTUC got a few vehicles and such over its life. Does anyone know the details of such things and how they were financed?
    It would be great if we could see some small stuff for the Thundercats line, like Mandora's hoverbike, the Thunderclaw, and the Nose Diver.

2. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

That's not out of the realm of possibility. If the Classics line does well under Super 7 for a couple years, I could see them making vehicles at some point.

3. Nitewing73

Nitewing73 Junior Member

If anything the thundertank should be the first vehicle made. The nosediver is a great suggestion.

4. Thunderpants

Thunderpants Junior Member

I was trying to think smaller. A correctly scaled Thundertank would be gigantic as it is supposed to fit the figures 2 abreast in the drivers' compartment. The LJN version only fit 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nitewing73 likes this.
  5. Nitewing73

Nitewing73 Junior Member

You are right Thunderpants that is true. Even the Bandai one only fit one Thundercat maybe 2 with the rear compartment.

6. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

I dont think it will get this far. I dont believe there is enough demand.

7. Nitewing73

Nitewing73 Junior Member

My hope is that Super 7 is allowed to continue the classics line and that they can make as many characters as possible.

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Like Thundarianroyalguard I doubt there will be enough fan demand for such a product. The Thundertank is huge. Mattel couldn't even get enough interest for an in scale Ecto-1 for their Ghostbusters figures.
    It would be nice if Super 7 could just at least complete the core team line up of Thundercats and Mutants.

Roadpigjohn likes this.
  9. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

I agree with others that vehicles are unlikely and they also take resources away from making more figures. I'd sooner we got the likes of Willa and Mandora as action figures than get a Thundertank. If Super7 do get the license, I think they will concentrate on making as many figures as possible. I bet you could make 2-3 figures with the same amount of time and resources you'd put into making a single vehicle.

adssse likes this.
  10. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

As cool as a Thundertank would be, I completely agree that I would prefer they concentrate on figures for the distant future.