Finishing Thundercats 2011

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by Mark M, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Recently WB released a direct to DVD movie called ''Scooby-Doo and the Curse of the 13th Ghost'' and it got me thinking about Thundercats 2011.

The movie is a direct sequel to ''The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo'' TV series from the early 80's.
    Said TV series was not immensely popular as it was quite different to other Scooby-Doo shows.
    Personally I really liked the TV series. :D
    However the plot of the TV series was about Scooby, Shaggy, Scrappy, Daphne, Flim Flam and Vincent Van Ghoul having to capture 13 ghost of the most terrifying ghosts that were sealed in a magical chest after Scooby and Shaggy accidently opened the chest freeing the ghosts.
    Sadly though the series was cancelled before the series could properly finish with them capturing the 13th ghost.

Even though the series wasn't very popular, after all these years it was really cool that WB finally revisited the series and gave the series a proper ending.

Perhaps eventually WB will do something similar and finish the Thundercats 2011 series. Hopefully though it doesn't take them as long as Scooby. ;)
    Personally I think it would be a pretty good idea for them to generate some interest in the franchise by creating a direct to DVD movie that ties up the loose ends and finishes the series.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  2. ButterflyBoy

ButterflyBoy Thunderian Legend

I agree. I would be all about this. Nothing vexes me more than an incomplete story. When it comes to looking up old shows people recommend to me, if I know ahead of time that it was cancelled with no ending, I usually am very hesitant to even start because of how irritating it is to me.

3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I know what you mean. There is a lot of shows that never get a proper ending to finish the story.
    I didn't even know of or see the 13 Ghosts...until I was in College lol. But I did enjoy it and was very annoyed they didn't finish the series.
    I am quite a fan of Scooby so you can imagine how excited I was about the sequel movie. I was doing some research on the various direct to video/DVD movies and seen the up comming releases and that the next movie was Scooby-Doo and the Curse of the 13rh Ghost.

4. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I've seen The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo and was a bit peeved it didn't get a proper ending. I own and have watched Scooby-Doo and the Curse of the 13th Ghost on DVD, and to me it was pretty satisfying.

5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Overall I really liked Scooby-Doo and the Curse of the 13th Ghost. I own the TV series and movie on DVD in my collection.