First Impressions of the SDCC Prototypes

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Mark M, Jul 15, 2015.

1. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

I would like to add, that if possible, I'd like the separate skin tones to be less sharp. The transition to light and dark was always more subtle in the cartoon.

I'm not sure how feasible that is at this scale though.

[​IMG]

2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

As Wilycub did justice to Lion-O's face and Claw Shield (and even corrected the upside-down ThunderCat emblem on the Sword of Omens), you, Booshman, have done justice to Lion-O's skin tone. :)

3. hunter12

hunter12 New Member

I think that they have to modify the face of the prototype, especially the eyebrows.I like with the modified eyebrows

4. Daremonger

I agree with you.

5. cgdc76

cgdc76 Active Member

This is perfect! Why can't these big companies do this?

6. Daremonger

I know, right? We all want our "ThunderCats" characters to be as show-accurate as possible.

7. Thundergod

Thundergod Moleman

Love wily cubs edit..looks spot on

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I just noticed this, but what about the silver trim on the belt and boots. In the cartoon and vintage toy it was white, so why are they silver now?

Is there any chance the edited picture could make them white to see what it would look like?

9. Robear

Robear Junior Member

I like what I've seen so far. I have high hopes for the line, and hope it doesn't suffer from the all too common cost cutting Mattel tends to favor. Very anxious to see how Cheetara is executed.

:cheetara:

10. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Here you go:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Thanks Boosham. I think I prefer the white. What do you guys think looks best?

12. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

If the proper release came out like the last picture I'd be very happy.

13. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

I have a question about the subs. They say you can't cancel subs. This means that you have to stay on the sub until all figures have been made?

14. sandrockgundam0

sandrockgundam0 Berbill

For that year, once you pay, you're in. You don't have to buy anything else after that.

15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I t is just for the one year. Also as far as I know from friends that subscribed to the MOTUC sub, they do not charge you at once for all figures but just take the price of the figure + shipping as it is released.

16. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

Okay thanks guys. This means that every year we need to subscribe again. I need to start to change my budget to include this.

17. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

After seeing the price for Castle Grayskull be thankful there isn't a Cats Lair coming out this year LOL.

18. Daremonger

You're the man, Booshman!

19. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

Playsets are included in the sub? That really scares me actually. I'd hate to budget for a figure and then get charged 5 or 6 times as much just because a playset comes out that month.

20. Mindless-Focus

Mindless-Focus Junior Member

The castle was NOT part of the MOTUC sub. It was a separate preorder.