First in-hand review of Lion-O

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by ninja cat, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

LJN Lion-O will always be my favourite Lion-O figure. :D I just meant in terms of being cartoon accurate.

2. Aluro

Aluro Active Member

I think if anything they've made him slightly too aesthetic lol

Lion-o in cartoon form usually has long legs and a slightly blockier waist than he-man.

But matty has given him the traditional bodybuilder X frame physique.

But overall I love the figure and I can't believe everyone is hating on it so much

Berserker likes this.
  3. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

He's my favorite too! I was referring to him being absent from the "Lion-O line up". :)

Mark M likes this.
  4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yeah that is odd. I would have preferred to see a shot of him with the LJN figure.
    The shots with MOTUC He-Man and the Bandai figures just seem to be saying ''hey MOTUC fans that like Thundercats, look at how nice this MOTU sub line will display with your MOTUC figures unlike the Bandai figures''. ;)

5. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

I will reserve my full comment on him until I have him in hand. Like most figures, photos can be very deceiving and to have him in your hand just makes it more exciting. But for now he looks awesome!!

6. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

I have to disagree with that one. Lion-O's outfit has always been skin tight. There's nothing on it that needed additional sculpting.

Mark M and ThunDerianRoyalGuard like this.
  7. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

I know it's supposed to be skin tight, my point is that the MOTUC buck is aesthetically wrong for the character. (I.E. I think it would look better on Panthro) But because the whole point is using the MOTUC buck, a sculpted armor with correct/accurate muscle definition would be a good solution and look better. :)

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I know what you mean but, Mattel don't have the best record with sculpted armour. I think Lion-O's body proportions would end up looking even more off. ;) Just look at Seahawk, Hydron, NA Skeletor, King Hisss and Preternia He-Man etc LOL.
    http://thefwoosh.com/2013/09/first-look-masters-of-the-universe-classics-sea-hawk

balgus82 likes this.