Found a crate with new/factory sealed Thundercat figures..worth anything?(pic heavy!)

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Marketplace' started by Dreamspace, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Dreamspace

Dreamspace Junior Member

Hey, after some searching, I guessed that this would be the best place to ask for questions.

Yesterday I visited my grandparents, and helped 'em with cleaning out the basement...then I stumbled over crates (pilled up to the ceiling) filled with toys and stuff, turns out my uncle used to own a toy shop back in the 80s.

Some of the crates sure enough cointained new/factory sealed Thundercat action figures. Most of them are in mint condition(the packing etc), other have wrinklede edges, plastic covering that've started to come off on some spots ETC.

Since I'm obviously not a collecter, and my grandparents wanted to throw it all in the dumpster, I guess I'll just sell it away. Kinda hard to judge Ebay auctions on how the set a price on these, as I do not know which ones were rare, models, etc...

Here are some pics and a short list(I have multiple figures of the some of 'em)

crate
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. This has got to be a joke right?

If you're serious that is quite a stash you have there. Are the pics it or are there others? Can you PM me a complete list as I may be interested in some purchases depending on what you'd be asking for them.
    Merged Post:
    Also as a suggestion on what figures are selling for, look at the Completed Listings on eBay auctions.

Just eyeballing your collection, if you'd had a Bengali you'd be sitting on a pretty rare figure, but I don't see one from the pics.

Manny from MannysCollectibles would be your most trusted source on here.

As a suggestion though, I'd try to get a median e-Bay price, and then either list them on here on the site's auction (not sure how that works as I've never done it, but a mod can surely help you there), or try to work out a deal for a little less than eBay prices. eBay will gouge you with fees (as will Paypal, which is about the only way people pay anymore). So IMO, your best bet is to use those as a guide, but try to work out a deal with your fellow collector on here. You'll get a decent amount for them, and be helping someone in putting together their collection.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  3. Dreamspace

Dreamspace Junior Member

Hey, thanks for the reply.
    Here are some names(and number of figures) that I found in that crate/box

Panthro x 2
    Pymyra x 2
    Jackalman x 2
    Vultureman x 2
    Capt. Shiner x 2
    Snarf x 6
    Berbil Bert x 2
    Berbil Belle x 1
    Wilykit x 4
    Wilykat x 4
    Tygra x 1
    Mongor x 1
    Ratar-o x 1
    Lynx-o x 1
    Safari Joe x 1
    Cheetara x 1

So that's 33 right there, I'll see if I can find more Thundercats stuff. It seems that all the action figures I found are made by LJN.

Maybe I should just put 'em on ebay, starting at 0$ and let people bid?
    I've already gotten many offers on PM's here alone, but as I said earlier, no idea what a reasonable price would be :p As most of the guys have asked what I want for 'em.

edit: Sorry, can't seem to find any Bengali right now

4. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

i can give you a price list, but I haven't actively collected in a year so my numbers might be off. Im also interested in a couple figures you have check you pms

5. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

It is amazing how small stashes show up. I found a stash of MOC figures at my folk's house a few months back, but this is by far a bigger find.

Where is Blackiecats? I see something nifty to bring up based on these MOC figures... Some of the series 3 figures have the series 3 mini toy catalog, but Pumyra, Capt. Shiner, and Lynx-O have the series 2 mini toy catalog. But to add to the oddity, Tygra, Ratar-O, and Cheetara have the series 3 mini toy catalog.

P.S. Dreamspace, you have a new PM...

6. the fixer

the fixer Active Member

FAKE!

I'm only joking dude! ;)
    Congratulations with the one in a million find! :)

7. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

Wow what an excellent find right there Dreamcatcher! :eek: You got some very cool pieces there. Most note worthy are Lynx-o, Pumyra, Tygra (alone) and Cheetara (alone) I think these are the coolest and perhaps most valuable of this lot.

I'd be very interested in a Pumyra (preferrably the one in best shape of the two) I would suggest for such cool and desirable figures it would be worth listing them all on Ebay and see how they go.....

Figures such as Jackalman, Vultureman and Ratar-o likely won't do so well.

Oh you should get good prices for Wilykat and Wilykit too....

As for the origins of these, I have a feeling these are the late backstock, as I notice a few of them have the "One AAA alkaline battery required" text on the bottom back of some of them such as Panthro and Pumyra. Anyone who wants to read up on the story of these releases see here:

http://www.thundercatslair.org/toys/dcards.html

Another give away is the price stickers, so these figures were obviously destined for a country that uses high numbers in their currency....guessing the Asian market....??

This could also explain the inconsistencies with the catalogues, as it was evident with the final factory stock that things were put together with what was left at the end of production (other examples are odd weapons, no catalogue, no name sticker, odd paint apps etc...)

These are certainly a cool find... do you have them in an original LJN shipping box Dreamcatcher? If so I'd love to know the details on the box they were found in! ;)

and if you decide to sell on ebay let me know as I'd be interested in places bids on a few of them ;)

8. Dreamspace

Dreamspace Junior Member

They were sold in Norway, so those are pretty low prices (1 NOK = 0.15$), the figures are pretty random because they probably used to hang in the store, and got packed away later :p So I guess they should be filed as NOS?

9. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

From the looks of it, you just hit the jackpot Dreamspace! What a rare treasure you dug up there! So your grandparents' basement is an old LJN factory hidden away for 20 years or more!:thumbsup: I am impressed by the quality of the MOC Thundercats you found, a few of them like Pumyra and Panthro could easily be AFA graded getting top grades judging by the pictures.

They belong to LJN series 2, standard 14-back with the characteristic mail-off Mumm-ra figure offer,but as Blackiecats mentioned some of them must be the late UK imports.

The companions also belong to the USA card, i am amazed by the great condition as well.

I am seriously interested in Mongor..I'll keep an eye if you put them up on e-bay!

Conrats once again! If you decide to clean up your parents basement in the future let us know.....

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  10. Ghost9

Ghost9 Junior Member

Yeah, I'd love the Tygra, Lynx-O, Vultureman, Cheetara, and Ratar-O!!! Let us know if you put them on ebay or are willing to sell them here. I'll send you a pm as well.

11. catspat

catspat also known as...Leppardra

Wow, talk about hitting paydirt! You can probably get some good money from the sale of these figures. Too bad your grandparents couldn't see that. :)

12. Endorx

Endorx Rampager

omg... That is one awesome find... Something i know ill never come across!!!!

Gutted, lol..

Its Grandparents like yours i love to see at car boots, lol.... Again, I wish...

13. Dreamspace

Dreamspace Junior Member

Hey again guys. After some thinking(and since it's only 2 weeks 'til school starts again), I've found out that I'll just sell them.

Some here, other on ebay...

I live in Norway, and will find out what shipping is to the different countries. Just come with offers...I think I'll keep it down to 2-3 figures or something like that for each forumite ? The shipping can get quite stiff in price when the packages start to get large.

14. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

Please post links to the eBay auctions once you put them on.

15. Endorx

Endorx Rampager

Some definite c9.5s there.

Wish i could afford.. Would like to watch them though

16. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

Yes I think I speak for everyone when I say feel free to post links to your Ebay auctions for those you auction off :)

17. Lynx-O

Lynx-O Glass Walker

Wow! I would completely go nuts with joy if I came across those goodies.

18. dan07

dan07 Glass Walker

Hi there - Pm sent.

19. Dreamspace

Dreamspace Junior Member

Completely forgot about this thread, until I re-discovered the box in my room (back home on vacation). Still have everything.

20. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

pm me if you still have them and they are still for sale, or if you are going to post on ebay please include links