'...Friend...'

Discussion in 'Fan Art & Customs' started by Mitts, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Mitts

Mitts Active Member

[​IMG]

::sighs: Wilykat - one of those special kind of kids - the kind who can't be happy with just a regular imaginary friend like most normal children.

It's no wonder Wilykit and the others are a tad nervous around him when he looks on with delight at the glow of a single lit match and mutters 'friend' with childlike glee.

It's funny how images can tell a story...and rather dark ones, at that...

Drawn by traditional means and colored in Adobe Phtotshop CS2 with the use of a Genius art tablet.

Wilykat @ whoever owns the rights to him (Rankin Bass?)

Concept & Fanart @ Fuzzy and myself. Please, do not redistribute.

2. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Great stuff Mitts! I really like the anime-ish feel to your artwork...the colors also give a more relaxing tone.

3. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

As always Mitts your artwork is amazing...for a second though I thought he was lighting up a cigarrette. Ever thought about making something like Thundercats gone bad or something like that.

4. Mitts

Mitts Active Member

Thundercats gone bad could be seen on so many levels, so I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that. Could you be a little more specific?

5. MannysCollectibles

Thats true...what i meant more like say something along the lines of Thundercats smoking and drinking, that kind of stuff. Heck we all know Tygra was a junkie in disguise.

6. Mitts

Mitts Active Member

Meh - I don't think I'll be making images like that any time soon. I personally enjoy making fanarts that are left open ended and get a viewer to think than making one that gives the answer right from the get go.

Besides, I tried doing the 'bad boy/girl' theme with the Tcats last year and it just didn't work.

7. MannysCollectibles

Thats cool...I do think that like you say making things more open ended gives fans more to come up with their own interpretation. I for one thought he was smoking and he had a flask on the ground...LOL

8. SwordKing

SwordKing New Member

You're an amazing artist, far better than I'll ever be. But still, I think you're being a little unfair to WilyKat is this picture. Only a little though.

9. Mitts

Mitts Active Member

Heh heh - you're right! I am being rather unfair with Wilykat.

He would've had enough common sense to properly place the cap back on the fuel canister. XD

Thanks for the compliment, though - really appreciate it. :)

10. WilyKat

WilyKat Junior Member

hehe, Of course that you are unfair with me... Kit screws it a lot too and nobody blames her... :roll: Anyway I LOVE your work... it's so Amazing, wonderful, beautiful... ehh... well GREAT! Keep going and keep drawing me (even if I have to do that kinda things:oops: ) Keep Going!

WilyKat :wilykat:

11. Sight Beyond Sight

Sight Beyond Sight Junior Member

nice art work there, thanks for sharing.