FUNKO ThunderCats

Discussion in 'Funko ThunderCats' started by sandrockgundam0, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yes. Just like Visionaries, Defenders of the Earth, Centurions all had the main characters in different colours to make them stand out.
    That's actually the reason the 80's TMNT cartoon gave all the Turtles different coloured head bands instead of them all wearing red like in the Mirage comics.

2. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

3 Pack of Dorbz (Lion-O. Mumm-Ra, and Snarf), 2 Pack of Vynl (Lion-O and Mumm-Ra) Comming to NYCC.

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  3. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Also ThunderCats Vynl. LION-O + MUMM-RA

[​IMG]

4. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Mumm-Ra looks so cute!! - Now that's a sentence I never thought I'd say. :biggrin

5. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Cool packaging for sure. The most interesting thing about the Dorbz packaging is the ThunderCats wording rather than the ThunderCats Classic wording (the Mezco or Mattel versions).

6. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I will definitely be on the lookout for these!

7. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

big NOPE for me.

8. ThunderECH

ThunderECH Junior Member

yeah not my cup of tea either.

9. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Let me get this straight! We finally have new ThunderCats merchandise hitting retail and some of our beloved fans are going to be interested in them?

While I'm not totally into these items myself (rather have good ole action figures), I will support the brand because it's ThunderCats!

Simple support from this brand goes a long way in creating something bigger!

:panthro

10. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

Not interested in anything Funko does. I would rather someone else have the license.

Plus I'm saving my money for thundercats from The Loyal Subjects due out next month.

11. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I'd definitely rather see new ThunderCats merchandising on shelves no matter what form it takes.

T-Cat and adssse like this.
  12. ThunderECH

ThunderECH Junior Member

well unfortunately I no longer have money to burn like I used to so I have to be very picky about what I spend it on. Spending it on something I don't even like the look of would not be a priority.

13. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

While I understand what you're getting at, I dont agree with it. There are a few things to consider;

- being a fan of ThunderCats (or whatever) doesnt mean you have to buy or own anything from ThunderCats (or whatever).
    - You're not less of a fan if you pick and choose your collectables.

And in regards to these specific items, I dont think these are released with ThunderCats aficionado's in mind; the FUNKO brand is BOOMING. Especially their POP! and DORBZ labels are in high demand. With the Store and Convention "exclusives" and "Chase" versions, collectors and resellers are foaming at the mouth to get their hands on as much of these as possible. The sales performance of these FUNKO products is not a reflection of the numbers of ThunderCats fans, but of POP! & Dorbz collectors, scalpers and [online] retailers.

That being said, I kinda like the VYNL. 2 pack, gonna see if I can get that. Still no Dorbz for me though. Sorry, brand :)

adssse, Mark M, KosmoKat and 2 others like this.
  14. KosmoKat

KosmoKat Junior Member

Amen to that brother!!!! I'm so tired of this inane logic. Only lately have all the Mattel fanatics shut up about the same thing. Let's not start it again with every brand for Pete's sake! All the "Oh if you don't buy a dozen Mattel figures then you are not a true fan" BS. What happened even when "fans" bought all the Mattel figures? They still got screwed over by none other than Mattel.

These are toys. Plastic toys, which a couple of decades ago were sold dirt cheap, played and broken by children and eventually thrown away. Only now have they been renamed "collectables" since more adults than kids buy them (or rather, can afford them).

So if ya like em and wanna buy em, great. if not, still great. But dont turn this into some sort of call to arms or a religious movement or something. Geez!

ThunderECH and Mark M like this.
  15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I agree. I didn't buy any of the Mattel Thundercats figures. As much as I wanted action figures overall I was not keen on the Mattel figures because the MOTUC buck bodies made them out of scale and not cartoon accurate. The buck bodies dated and limited articulation were also off putting. Also the price and buying methods were not good for international customers especially considering Matty Collectors track record of quality control problems.

16. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

It's not that serious! I agree no one is forcing anyone to buy these items but don't be surprised if nothing new happens in the near future!

I remember Matthew Mercer asked for fans to support the toy line for the 2011 series to continue, but we all know how that turned out. (In essence if more people not just fans would have bought more toys regardless if they liked the product or not we would have seen all 65 episodes of ThunderCats as planned by CN). If done over all over again more folks would have supported the line just because they wanted a proper ending to this series!

A good product will sell itself! :panthro

17. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

That statement isn't exactly correct. The toys for the 2011 series were not the real problem. The cartoon wasn't overly appealing to children hence why a lot of children had little interest in the toys. There has been quite a few great cartoons that failed due to poor toys and vice versa some amazing toylines ended because of the cartoon wasn't great.

18. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

I do agree with that!

So, speaking of FUNKO, anyone planning on picking up one, some or all of these figures? Like I said, I pre-ordered Tygra, three of 'em actually, and I'll try and see if I can find the VYNL. 2-pack for a normal price. What about you guys?

T-Cat likes this.
  19. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I plan on picking them all up if possible!

20. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Of course! Especially if these are sold in retail.
    :panthro