Future of Bandai Thundercats Toy Line?

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by Robear-Coll, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robear-Coll

Robear-Coll Glass Walker

Whoa, those pics came out upside down... :( sorry guys
    Merged Post:
    It really disgusts me that the Bandai release pictures have properly painted ball joints but then the one's they release to us fans have those glaring black ball joints. It feels like false advertising honestly.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  2. WilyKatfan

WilyKatfan Thunderian Legend

Sweet Pic thank. I just hope I don't have to buy him only on ebay. Now Wily Kit and Kat is next for you. Would you like a Snarl that could walk on all fours or just that.
    Merged Post:
    Black joint and what is with Lion-o's face

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  3. Michael

Michael Mutant

You are right in that wave 2 was a bit premature, and therefore a little disapointing in terms of choice. BUT there is HUGE choice for a really good, substantial wave 3 as has been discussed on here and other threads before. In the 4 inch line alone there is a Lizard soldier? Kaynar? Addicus? Jaga? Berbils? Pumyra? Bengali and lynxo when they are introduced? Any of the new tiger clan? Or how about leo and the flashback characters since they've given us tygus? Many more ideas too.

And to you and vile one, let me say this very clearly, how does many places running low on stock and difficulty in getting the toys (some more than others admittedly) mean the line is selling poorly? The distribution and advertising has been poorly managed yes, but sales have been good!

4. Tygra

Tygra Thunderian Legend

Why are your pictures upside down? :D

Even with the black pegs Cheetara and Tygra are great. I really love the 6" line. If kids aren't buying then perhaps Bandai can axe the 4" line and keep the 6" going for adult collectors.

5. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

The new Tygra is a must have if I can find it. Back to your point, if anything should be axed it's the deluxe line (I see no purpose in it, that's all I see left on pegs when I visit TRU or Target).

6. JapanRL

JapanRL Junior Member

I was able to get hold of all wave 1 from a shop in Omiya.
    Not looking good for wave 2 though :-(
    The cartoon doesn't look like its going to air here anytime soon either.

7. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

I take it your in Japan...at least you get Bandai Japan doing this line, must be nice! =)

8. Michael

Michael Mutant

I know Bandai Japan has a better reputation than Bandai America, but won't they be the exact same figures?

9. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Same figures better quality. Do you have any photos of your TCats toys from Bandai Japan? I want to see the improvement over Bandai America Thanks!

10. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

classic thundercats vs classic TMNT

Since were talking bout the quality and how BANDAI is handling Thundercats.....i wanna mention the classic Ninja turtle toys playmates will be releasing later this year. From the pics that Ive seen they look superb, dead on with color unbelievable articulation, facial expressions and they actually look like the cartoon!!! its clear they did not skimp out on detail. it looks like all the turtles will be released on the first wave....(wish Bandai had released a few more classics on the first wave ...they gave us 2 diff size lion- o, both a bit awkward looking, an 8 inch tygra and 6 inch horrible mumm-ra) we already know he-man classics is light years ahead of thundercats classics, but now it seems playmates will also be doing a better job with tmnt.

11. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Tygra is a great character and i love his portrayal in the NS so far, i am on the prowl for a 6'' version but i can't find him either on European sites nor ebay.UK.

I think his value will go up pretty soon and considered Rare of Wave 1

Yeah, Wave 3 can certainly up the ante bringing us amazing new figures, Kaynar and Addicus will look awesome, i think Bandai is waiting for more characters to be introduced to the audience and afterwards release Wave 3 with more new additions.

I wouldn't say exactly Wave 2 was disappointing, it has Claudus and the 2nd Version of Lion-o and Panthro are quite good,Still i definitely believe more figures should be added ,even for the Classic line.

12. Michael

Michael Mutant

I only meant disapointing in terms of it was only a small wave and I wanted more, not disapointing in terms of the figures we did get. I can live with a second version of panthro because of his new arms, but a different version of liono just doesn't count. I mean how many versions of LionO will we have in future waves too? Just 2 or 3 more NEW characters on top of Claudus would have been enough. Saying that Claudus and the 4 inch Mumm ra look amazing and I can't wait to get my hands on them!

As for Bandai waiting, I think you are probably right, but I still don't get it. As I stated above there are more than enough core characters already for a substantial wave 3 and even a wave 4, including vehicles and playsets, so I don't know why they are waiting! I guess I'm just impatient! Lol!

As for the classic line and 6 inch lines, my feelings are if they are going to release ANY character, they should release them ALL, the core characters at the very least.

13. JapanRL

JapanRL Junior Member

The figures are the American ones. The shop got them from America somehow.
    No word on the series coming over here at this stage, sorry.

14. Rizefall

Rizefall Swedish Meatball

I'm stupid. What are these "waves" you speak off?

15. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

Waves are groups of released items. Thus far, we have 2 waves in the US.

Wave 1 of 4" basic figures:
    Lion-O
    Panthro
    Cheetara
    Tygra
    Kit
    Kat
    Mumm-Ra (mummy)

Wave 2 of 4" basic figures:
    Lion-O with extented clawshield
    Panthro with silver (robotic) arms
    Claudus
    Mumm-Ra the Ever-Living

There are also sub groups (aka runs) of waves. These are when things "magically" change in the middle of a wave. For example, in Wave 1, the CN logo was on every card to start with, but the second half of the wave had no CN logos. See this thread for images: http://www.thundercatslair.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7981

16. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Does anyone want to write a personal letter to Bandai to support the line? I find it strange for them not to interact with their fans who support their products. I would email them on their website but it doesn't work. Any suggestions before I write would be welcomed.

17. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

I've emailed both WB and Bandai UK for that purpose.I also mentioned to Bandai that they should release its Thundercats products to the rest of Europe,including Greece.

18. WilyKatfan

WilyKatfan Thunderian Legend

Maybe bandi is waiting for more episodes to air to see what to make

19. Michael

Michael Mutant

I've already emailed bandai myself, it worked for me no probs. For the letter I think a mass letter, perhabs headed up by TCL and signed by as many people as possible would work best.

I would absolutely be positive, say how happy we are the toys are back, and how much we want them to continue with future lines.

20. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Couldn't they make more 6" inch classics to preview, while keeping the new series characters hush hush?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.