Future of Bandai Thundercats Toy Line?

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by Robear-Coll, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robear-Coll

Robear-Coll Glass Walker

What worries me is that we are into week what of season 2, week 5? And still no no figures even hitting stores like Target and Toys'RUs. It is very confusing. Shouldn't the toys be on the shelves if the show is in full swing for over a month?

2. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

^^ I could not agree more! If Bandai would I think they could add new figures right now, but I think WB has something up their sleeves. Any who, they need do something quick or people will lose interest in this line. I would like if Bandai or whoever has the license, make the Tcats figures with light up eyes instead of that Thunder lynx system (needs to be more innovative).

3. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

I went into Toys R Us today to see if they had any of the new 6 inch figures and almost all of the ThunderCats toys were marked Clearance. The only one that wasn't marked Clearance was an enormous figure of the armored Lion-O that fought against Mumm-Ra in that one episode. I looked at their web site and the prices are also marke down there.

All the toys are going on clearance? I was really hoping to get all the ThunderCats in 6 inch. All I've got is Lion-O and Panthro. :(

4. WilyKatfan

WilyKatfan Thunderian Legend

You can get Cheetara on Amazon but Tygra where are you.

5. luketommo2

luketommo2 Vortex Explorer

The only 6inch tygras I saw was on eBay last week on eBay.com but the 5 of them went straight away-I wonder if anyone on here bought them?

It seems the eye of thundera packs may become rare as there are not many on eBay. And the storm charger!

6. WilyKatfan

The only 6 inch figure I want are all Thundercats a better Snaf, Pumm, the Four Mutant (Please Vultureman of what ever name he gets)and lizard warrior, the King and Jaga and The other thunders with other outfits. Like Pantro with robot arms Tygra in his thundera outfit and Lion-o with his glove armor. Plus more. What do you guys think. Oh and Bandi read this please thank you.

7. Michael

Michael Mutant

Oh god this baseless worrying needs to stop, it really does! There's no basis for it and it just creates a lot of negativity!

First off this is still season one. That's a fact. There has been a bit of confusion because of CNs **** up with the hiatus and releases and stuff, but it is absolutely season one.

Second the ratings and the toy sales are doing well. So yes we have to wait a long while for more releases but there is NO indication they won't come! You guys in the US think urselves lucky! We won't even get wave 2 in the UK till autumn!!! My guess is Bandai won't release a wave 3 till after that! I'm hoping for a christmas announcement but realistically think they'll release a wave 3 when the real season 2 airs.
    Merged Post:
    Apologies about the censored word, I didn't think of it as a swear word because its not in that context! Lol!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  8. WilyKatfan

Do you have any toys ?

9. Michael

Michael Mutant

Oh and by the way, LOTS of toys are on clearance sale at the moment as part of larger promotions or to clear old stock! Ben 10 and power ranger figures are on sale near me alongside thundercats! Noone is worrying about those shows being cancelled! Stop reading so much into things!
    Merged Post:
    Yes I do. All of the 4 inch wave 1 figures, vehicles and playsets as well as the 6 inch line and classics. I haven't bothered with the role play stuff though.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  10. WilyKatfan

That is very cool. Don't the UK have Mag and comic books?

11. cloudraker19

cloudraker19 Crabman

Wave 2 with Slithe hit entertainment earth in the past few days but is now sold out. Tygra wave is up for pre-order on BBTS and apparently some people are having their orders filled, so if your still looking now might be the time to jump on this stuff.

12. WilyKatfan

Now Pumyra can be 6inch.

13. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Does this means the Tygra 6'' will make it to retailers? Also I went the BBTS site and could not find Tygra listed, link please Thanks!

14. Michael

Michael Mutant

Places are running low on stock, certain characters are difficult if not almost impossible to get, and STILL some people say the line isn't doing well?!?!?! Bah!

15. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

I agree to some extent, it's a very popular brand and that alone will have people buying into the line. But I know others (hard core collectors) who will pass on this line until it's dirt cheap to purchase due to the lack of quality. On another note I wonder if the figures will come off clearance since they are selling well again?

16. cloudraker19

cloudraker19 Crabman

They're definitely evaporating online. But I do think there are other collectors, like already mentioned, that like to see a line pan out a little before they get invested. I know I hate buying into something that only has one or two waves. As much as it goes against good business sense, I think a third wave being shown would generate a LOT of interest to collectors on the fence. As much as we hate to admit, scalpers are probably beneficial to this line also, as long as they are driving some kind of addition to sales, they'll help for the time being.

17. Tygra

Tygra Thunderian Legend

A lack of product doesn't mean the line is selling well, it just indicates that something is wrong with Bandai. Online retailers don't have anything and all the stores in my area haven't received anything beyond their first or second shipment.

Matthew Mercer said the line isn't selling well so we know that already. The question is why? Is it the show being on too late for children before the Saturday move or Bandai fumbling with shipments?

18. cloudraker19

cloudraker19 Crabman

It may be that the concept of Thundercats isn't very approachable to mainstream kids. I mean, I remember as a little kid watching Thundercats, and it took a few episodes for me to get into it. But that was the 80s/90s. That was before it was "required" that a cartoon have some kind of teen angle. All it took was imagination. I'm willing to stand behind the belief that kids today simply don't have very much imagination. Most kids seem to be more interested in "becoming" a teen rather than being a kid. I'm just throwing out ideas, but that's been my growing assumption over the past few years.

This show is amazing, but it might just not be enough anymore. I can only hope that it gains a following like Avatar did, and grow continously untill fan demand/interest brings back another version, like the Legend of Kora.

19. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

You are bringing up a very interesting point. Kids nowadays aren't like the 80s kids.The age of innocence has been long forgotten and the mature process is happening early on. Other interests are occupying their mind, like facebook, Video Games or simply doing things and activities grown up do.
    Bearing this in mind, I believe the New Thundercast will fell victim to their quality and clear distinction from the 'childish' cartoons.
    In the Anime industry, they have made it very clear that a Series has all the credentials to appeal to every generation covering the older group target as well.Unfortunately, owing to the poor way Thundercats have been treated by WB nd CN can be discarded by the majority of 15-20 years old as 'childish' and pass it up without paying attention to the depth of the show. Thundercats should have been promoted in the first place as a cartoon not mainly for young kids but including all ages, particularly teenagers and adults as the Japanese Anime do. I think the young kids are anxious to take the leap of maturity as soon as possible and be evolved at the things surrounding it. Thundercata aren't simplistic and shallow as Ben 10, Power Rangers or TMNT. It's a disgrace to lump it together. WB and CN should have made every effort to distinguish the essence and superiority of Thundercats from the lot as much as possible.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  20. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

What made Avatar so popular to me was it had amazing fighting choreography animation/epic story telling and kid friendly (w/ no toy line). Thundercats has everything but the amazing fighting animation, time to hire Joaquim Dos Santos!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.