Future of Bandai Thundercats Toy Line?

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by Robear-Coll, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

You keep saying the same thing with no proof whatsoever! How do you know WB won't do what we all hope for, which could lead to bigger sales? You are titled to your own opinion, but we fans want to hear optimism!

2. Tygra

Tygra Thunderian Legend

I think the toys not being available is a bigger factor than that.

Kids don't really care about quality, they just want tangible representations of characters from the show. Adult fans can be disappointed with Bandai all they want, kids don't really pay attention to quality.I can't tell you how many terrible toys I had when I was a kid. Did I care that they weren't well made? Not a bit.

He doesn't need to offer proof for his opinions.

3. Fennris

Fennris Moleman

EXACTLY! You don't have to share his opinions...but you SHOULD allow him to have them...just as you all are allowed yours.:mad:

4. WilyKatfan

WilyKatfan Thunderian Legend

I wonder if bandi is waiting to see what character air before they continues making the action figures. Then the Dvd and game come out this summer. So more waiting for us. I hope I'm right about the waiting thing.

5. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

If Bandai continues to make them, I can only imagine how hard it would be to find Pumyra since it's almost impossible to find Claudus in retails. I heard folks are paying crazy prices for 6" Tygra!

BTW nice avtar, I noticed you frequently change yours by episode...who's next Ratar-O? XD

6. WilyKatfan

WilyKatfan Thunderian Legend

Just seeing which ones I like best.

7. krazycp

krazycp Crabman

Yeah, and if people learned one thing, it will be to pick up multiple of the hard to find characters. When I first picked up my wav 2 at Wal-Mart, they had at least 3 Claudus on the shelf. And now you can't find him anywhere.

8. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

100% agree! My instict when wave 1 hit the UK was to buy Grune first as I knew it would be doubtful he'd get a reissue. Now he seems to be totally sold out over here!

9. krazycp

krazycp Crabman

I'll be on vacation and in England May 15 - 22. I'm not sure all what I am doing there, but I think I might be going to the Yorkshire Dales. I'll be traveling solo.

10. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

Cool! :) It's really nice there! I've never been, but there is a regular TV program on about them called 'The Dales' ;) Hope you have a great time! :)

11. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Moleman

Because it's not opinion. Because companies like WB have never done things like that.

Because people like the staff of Sym-bionic Titan said the show got good ratings but CN killed the show because there wasn't enough merchandise potential to go with the show.

WB isn't going to take the license back from Bandai. They aren't cutting ties with Cartoon Network. That will never happen. CN is THEIR FREAKING NETWORK FOR ANIMATION! They are part of the same corporation.

12. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I don't believe WB and CN will cut ties with Bandai either.

13. Robear-Coll

Robear-Coll Glass Walker

So then we will get a wave 3?

14. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

That will explain why Sym-bionic Titan and Storm Hawks got canned due to lack of toy support in retails. Those were very good quality shows on CN, so basically the success of ThunderCats will be based ultimately on toy sales from CN standpoint...that's not fair!

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  15. krazycp

krazycp Crabman

I have a good feeling we will. Keep your fingers crossed.

16. Michael

Michael Mutant

I agree, I have a good feeling we will too. Wave 2 hasn't even been released in the UK yet (not till Autumn), so we won't hear anything before that I don't think, but that does not mean they are not coming. There has been a number of new primary characters that have been introduced recently too that would be perfect for wave 3, Kaynar, Addicus, Pumyra, and even Rataro this week, who knows who is coming through in the next few weeks? They probably couldn't announce what is in wave 3 if it included any of those characters due to spoilers or whatever. They showcased wave 2 far too early, and won't repeat that with wave 3.

17. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Moleman

Storm Hawks at least got 52 episodes. And there were toys and merchandise for the series. No one bought them.
    Merged Post:
    Feelings are not facts unfortunately and it's not how Bandai or WB run their business.

None of those characters you mentioned were exactly secrets to appear in the show. Their character designs were already online last year. So it wouldn't have been spoilers to make toys of them.

They aren't getting made because this toy line is dead.

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  18. Michael

Michael Mutant

Unfortunately you don't seem a great fan of FACT yourself are you? Noone had a clue what Rataro or Pumyra would look like until the previews were released a DAY before the episode aired, hell we only found out Rataro would be in it a few weeks ago! So yeah, I'd say a wave 3 preview with those characters would have been a spoiler. You say the line is dead, show me PROOF, or be quiet. I am getting fed up with your negativeness.

19. cloudraker19

cloudraker19 Crabman

I agree that it's clear they witheld the second series because they wished it to coincide with the episodes. That is clear enough because of the stormcharger, armor of omens, and panthro with metal arms. The Tygus character would have been too revealing as well. I would think that if there WAS a third wave, it would be witheld for precisely the same reasons. So it is completely inaccurate to assume that the toy line is dead because of a lack of new product, as precedent clearly proves that assumption wrong.

It is not to say a forwarding in logic should imply fact, but it is more credible that a third wave is being reserved to coincide with the episodes, than it is to assume the toyline is dead.

I find people on the internet like to assume their emotions are a credible basis for argument without objective analysis. Stop, and think, and the situation usually becomes more clear.

20. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Moleman

Panthro metal arm toys were shown before the episode where he lost his arms. So what else you got?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.