Game: Name That Error!

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by ButterflyBoy, May 28, 2018.

1. ButterflyBoy

ButterflyBoy Plun-Darr Legend

Hey all. I have an idea for a new game here. Here's how I envision it -

1. Post a screen cap with a clear animation error.
    -OR-
    Describe a scene in any given episode and challenge the rest of us to explain the error in said scene.

2. The person who either finds the error in the posted screenshot, or correctly explains the error in the scenario given, then posts a screenshot (or the other option), and so on and so on (pretty much like every other game in these forums)

3. Players can also challenge the error posted and argue that it is not, in fact, an error at all. If a consensus is reached, the person who successfully argues their case takes their turn. If it is somehow too hotly debated and a consensus cannot be reached, the original poster goes again by posting a new error.

This is my first time making up a new game on the forums. I've tried to make it pretty simple. I originally thought it would solely involve posting animation errors, but I feel that be opening it up to errors not necessarily in animation, we could have more fun. Does this sound clear and (most of all) fun to the rest of you?

I hope so! I will start off the game with a challenge -

In the episode "Thundercubs" Part IV, the Lunatacs and the Mutants are shown attacking Cats Lair. Can you tell me the problem with how the attack is depicted?

LiamABC and Wilycub like this.
  2. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

If no screen grab is posted, can we refer tot he episode, or is it a quiz from memory like the other trivia games?

3. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

I LOVE this idea for a new game! Well done "ButterflyBoy". :thumbsup

I would just like to add that any error posted should be a considerable one. So if it's an animation error, it should be something that is clearly an error (like missing logos or wrong colors) and not something very miniscule or a slight change in shape/size. If it's a plot error, then again it should be something significant and not more of a personal opinion like why the Sword of Omens didn't warn Lion-O or why Lion-O didn't call the sword to his hands.

Let's pay ball! :biggrin

LiamABC likes this.
  4. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

Great idea for a game BB! As for your question, I have to give it a big thought (maybe rewatch it).

5. ButterflyBoy

I think rewatching the episode is part of the fun. So yeah, no relying on memories here.

6. ButterflyBoy

I totally agree.

7. ButterflyBoy

...did I kill this game before it started? Do ya'll want a hint?

8. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

I skimmed the episode and I have no idea. :eek:

Wilycub likes this.
  9. Wilycub

Same here! The only thing that I felt was a bit out of the ordinary was that Cats Lair's scanning beams were red instead of yellow. From what I remember, the scanning beams were yellow and the attack laser beams were red. Other than that, I couldn't notice anything off.

10. Wilycub

I think that might be a good idea! :)

11. ButterflyBoy

Here is the best clue I can think of.

[​IMG][/URL]

12. Wilycub

Could this be the error you are referring to?
    vlcsnap-2018-05-30-19h35m27s218.jpg

The image on the screen is of the Cats Lair's head, which cannot be possible since the eyes of the lair are the scanners. So they cannot display this angle/shot of the lair head.

13. ButterflyBoy

That is not a bad guess, but it is not quite what I am going for.

14. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

I'm going to guess it has to do with the location of the Control Room with respect to the hole the Lunatacks punch in the Lair Head. The Control Room is actually below the Lair Head, and there are a number of rooms above it in the Lair Head architecture—the room that houses the equipment for the eye sensors, the "mouth", and the room where the Warbot freezes Panthro, Tygra and Cheetara in "Return to Thundera". So either that's a multi-storey hole they punched, or it's just a... wait for it... plothole.

15. ButterflyBoy

You GOT it! Compare this attack to "Catfight", where TugMug bursts into the Control Room. "Thundercubs" acts as though the Control Room is in the Lair's head, when we know from past episodes that the Control Room is actually more in the "chest".

Your turn, zaxfactor!

16. thezaxfactor

Cool cool. I'll need a minute to come up with a good one, but I promise I'm on the case...

17. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

Intriguing new game!

ButterflyBoy likes this.
  18. ButterflyBoy

19. thezaxfactor

I'm going to throw this back to the group. I'm having trouble coming up with something, and I don't want to hold up the game any longer. Does anyone have a good one in mind? ButterflyBoy, do you want to pick someone?

20. ButterflyBoy

Anyone who feels like they have a good question, feel free to take a turn! :biggrin