Game: Name That Error!

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by ButterflyBoy, May 28, 2018.

1. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

No worries mate. You are most welcome! :)

As for the other missing thing, is it Pumyra's little bag which usually hangs by her waist?

2. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

Is Panthro missing some of his spikes?

3. ButterflyBoy

ButterflyBoy Thunderian Legend

This is what I was looking for. During the episode, both things (claw shield and pouch) tend to appear and disappear between shots.

I need to give you and Liam a tie-breaker now...hmmm...

Ok, from the same episode of "Ravage Island" can either of you tell me the error that crops up when the remaining Thundercats (minus Lynx-O) respond to the beacon versus when they land on Ravage Island?

4. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

And the winner is...???

5. Wilycub

I'm stumped. I have no idea. :( Maybe Liam knows the answer.

6. LiamABC

I haven't a clue either.

7. ButterflyBoy

Oi. Ok, Liam or Wilycub, do either of you have a question ready for the game? Would one of you like to concede? I can also come up with a new tie-breaker.

8. Wilycub

I concede. I'd say Liam is the winner because he answered first and I only got the second error after you provided us with a clue. :)

9. ButterflyBoy

Sounds fine to me. Liam, you're up!

10. LiamABC

OK. There's at least two times characters make specific references to Earth literature in this show, which isn't right because they aren't from Earth. Even if somehow they had been made aware of them after they landed on Third Earth, they still wouldn't use reference them without thinking about it. Which literary characters get referenced, by whom, in which episodes?

11. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

I can absolutely name one, but I don't want to force a tie-break.

Wilycub likes this.
  12. Wilycub

Same with me! LOL! :biggrin

13. ButterflyBoy

Panthro mentions Hamlet to Snarf in "Mechanical Plague", much to Snarf's confusion.

Slithe sarcastically refers to Vultureman as "Sherlock Holmes" in "Return of the Thundercubs" after Vultureman notes that the Ratstar is upside down. In space.

thezaxfactor, LiamABC and Wilycub like this.
  14. LiamABC

Those are the two I had in mind! It's one of those things that you take for granted until you realise that these are references that the characters shouldn't know, or if they do know, they wouldn't bandy about so casually. Your turn ButterflyBoy!

15. ButterflyBoy

I want to say right out of the gate that this is not exactly an error in the sense that what appears on-screen is, I believe, exactly what was intended as the episode was being produced. However, it is an error in that it contradicts with what we see later in the series.

What is the problem with Jaga's appearance in "Exodus" and "Unholy Alliance" versus every other episode his spirit form appears in?

16. Tygra_Rules

His clothes appear in their original colors, as when he died, and then they are dyed blue?

17. ButterflyBoy

You got it! I have a feeling that Jaga's spirit form as originally animated in the first two episodes was a relatively complicated process for the creators. Somehow depicting him in shades if blue might have simplified things. But this is all my conjecture.

18. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

Fascinating! I never gave any thought to why they made that choice. "If he's always going to be transparent anyway, let's save time and just paint him blue all over!"

LiamABC likes this.
  19. Tygra_Rules

I think colouring characters had a lot to do with their choices. That's why Cheetara got her left long sleeve and tights on her legs, to avoid drawing the spots. Also, Tygra and Bengali getting long clothes might have been to avoid drawing the stripes all over their bodies and animating them every time. In Tygra's case, I think it also had to do with the fact that orange is a pretty hard color to combine (maybe black, but it'd have made the character look dark or evil, cosidering in the 80s black was an "evil" color)

20. Tygra_Rules

Ok, here's the new one. There's an error or inconsistency in "Pumm-Ra", something happened before Mumm-Ra took possession of the Lair that is not coherent with somthing that happened later.