Game: Name That Error!

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by ButterflyBoy, May 28, 2018.

1. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

Sabotaging the Thundertank, which was then seen in action driven by the Mutants?

2. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

That's it! Along with the fact that he sabotaged the Cats Lair and then he shot laser beams from the eyes...

Your turn, Liam! (How did your stand-up presentation go?)

3. LiamABC

My standup set went really well and I'm looking into doing more of it, thanks for asking. It's my turn on the trivia game too and I'll think of something for that, and for this, over the weekend.

4. ButterflyBoy

ButterflyBoy Thunderian Legend

Hey Liam, what have you got for us?

5. LiamABC

I'd completely forgotten about this one, been a bit snowed under. Let me think - this is one category where I'm not so good at thinking of questions.

6. ButterflyBoy

Sometimes I just peruse an episode and look for a tricky or at least not horribly obvious animation error and post a screenshot. I think that can be a fun puzzle to solve at times.

7. LiamABC

If I don't think of anything else before the weekend, I'll give it a try.

8. LiamABC

OK, remembered something. What's wrong with the Ancient Spirits Of Evil in "Excalibur"?

9. ButterflyBoy

A couple things. First, their voice is different than any other time we hear it (this happens again in "Thundercubs"), but methinks what you are really looking for is that later (again...in "Thundercubs") the ASOE speak to Mumm-Ra and he behaves as though that was the first time they actually spoke with him.

Wilycub likes this.
  10. LiamABC

Actually it was the voice I was looking for - I think it was Robert McFadden doing the voice in this episode instead of the usual Earle Hyman. In any case, your turn ButterflyBoy!

11. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

12. Wilycub

13. Wilycub

Just to keep the game going, I'll post an error. And when BB returns, he will take the immediately following turn. Ok, here goes:

In the episode "Mechanical Plague", what animation continuity error is clearly visible when Lion-O is showing off for the Holographic Recorder?

14. Tygra_Rules

Hmmm... I remember every TC showing off and the mechanical plague that arises (Panthro - Warbot / Tygra - Technopede / Cheetara - Rock Giant / Kittens - Giant insect), but don't remember a scene that shows Lion-O showing off.

15. Wilycub

There is. His is the last one to be shown. :)

16. Tygra_Rules

The Sword of Omens disappearing for a second?

17. Wilycub

Not really what I had in mind, but you are getting closer. :)

18. Tygra_Rules

It also seems the SoS looks a short (dagger form) for a while even though it had already grown.

19. Wilycub

You are close enough so I'll give it to you. Yes, you are right, the SoO's size is inconsistent, but the more conspicuous error was the Eye of Thundera, which goes from closed to open to closed to open between cuts. It is initially closed (white slit) then Lion-O makes the sword grow and it changes into the black lion head. But immediately in the next scene it is closed again.

Your turn senor Tygra_Rules! :)

LiamABC likes this.
  20. Tygra_Rules

Oh, I noticed that but thought it was something Lion-O was doing to show off LOL.

Anyway, her's the new one. Wat's wrong with this scene?

upload_2019-7-6_18-57-5.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019