Game: Name That Error!

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by ButterflyBoy, May 28, 2018.

1. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

I don't know, but I don't think so as it didn't use to happen before, and also it happens in evey PC I log in.

2. Tygra_Rules

Yes, please.

3. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

It’s from “Safari Joe”.

4. Tygra_Rules

Is it that Wilykit alternates from being to Wilykat's left to being to his right (despite going circles around him)?

Don't think so, but shall give it a try LOL

5. thezaxfactor

Nope, that's not it, either. Another hint: it's not related to the Kittens at all.

6. Tygra_Rules

OK, I've seen it many many many times and have no idea of it :eek:

Wilycub likes this.
  7. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

LOL! Same here! :laugh I scrubbed through that segment 5 times and still can't spot the error.

Maybe @thezaxfactor could give us another clue? :)

8. thezaxfactor

Short of posting a GIF of the error itself, I’m not sure what to say. It’s an animation error that doesn’t involve the Kittens, which means it must involve something else in frame...

9. Wilycub

I see two things that are a bit off. The first one is that the black panther head is missing from WilyKat's belt insignia just before they are captured.

But since you mentioned that the error that you are looking for does not involve the Kittens, then perhaps it is the repeating background that is used and there is a noticeable jitter/jump in the trees' positions as the background and foreground paintings are looped.

10. thezaxfactor

Ding ding ding! That’s it! The animators did this a fair amount in the first season—looping background/foreground elements that don’t really loop. It’s always bugged me.

Wilycub likes this.
  11. Tygra_Rules

Well done, Wily! You did have some cats' eyes there! :cool:

And we finally can rest and be calm knowing the answer :biggrin

Wilycub likes this.
  12. Wilycub

Thanks Zax and TR!

You're absolutely right. I too have noticed that, but I guess I've watched these episodes so many times that the poorly looping background almost seems normal to me. LOL! :biggrin

New Error Question. What is wrong with this screenshot from "Mandora and the Pirates"?
    31mandoraandpirates.avi_snapshot_05.00.jpg

13. Tygra_Rules

That Mandora was in the episode? LOL j/k

Maybe that her visor (the black lin over the eyes on the helmet) goes downwards (like a triangle pointing down) when it ususally is upwards?

14. Wilycub

:laugh

No, sorry. That's not it

15. Tygra_Rules

The sleeve on her arm? Not fan of Mandora, so not fan of her episodes either, but I think the black sleeve was in a previous or post shot.

16. thezaxfactor

Is it that the button she’s pushing is a different color in the following shot?

17. Wilycub

No, that's not it either.
    I actually haven't noticed that. But no, that's not the error I am looking for.

18. Tygra_Rules

Is it that the whole board looks different in another shots? For once, there's no mic.

19. Wilycub

Well, I suppose you are right in a way. The actual answer (goof) that I was referring to is the fact that the mic is intact in this shot even though Captain Cracker had ripped it out just a few moments before.

So your turn, sir! :)

20. Tygra_Rules

Thanks! As I said, not a huge fan of Mnadiora eniher her episodes (not a fan of Overgard's eps at all)

Ok, it will take me a little time because it's hard for me to think of errors and goofs, especially these days that I'm really busy at work. We have a day off on Friday, so might be posting by then! Thanks for the patience :cool