Game: Name That Error!

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by ButterflyBoy, May 28, 2018.

1. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

Is she missing some spots?

2. ButterflyBoy

ButterflyBoy Thunderian Legend

I don't think so...

3. ButterflyBoy

I'll some hints; the error in the screenshot is specific to the plot of the episode. In almost every other circumstance, there would be no error present.

4. LiamABC

She's shown with her staff/baton on her wrist when it's been stolen from her.

5. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

I think that's it, Mark. If that screen capture is from Micrits, as it seems to be, then she shouldn't be in posession of her bo staff.

6. ButterflyBoy

You got it! Your turn, Liam.

7. Tygra_Rules

That makes me think about how useless (to avoid using another word, like... stupid) was to have a special room only for the weapons. I thknk "Micrits" and "The trouble with thunderkittens" (not 100% sure of this one) were the only two eps to show that the weapons were kept altogether, while in opther eps the TCs kept their weapons with them the whole time, which is more logic. What if someone or something atatcks the Lir at night, the TCs would get up and say "Oh, I have to go three rooms to the left and one level down to get my weapon?"

ButterflyBoy likes this.
  8. LiamABC

I think "Tight Squeeze" has them all in the same place too. It's a common thing in cartoons. Visionaries had the same issue - sometimes the Spectral Knights' power staffs were shown to be all on one rack, other times they were in the individual knights' chambers.

OK, identifying specific animation errors in Thundercats isn't my forte, but I can think of one. Probably an easy one, but what's wrong with one scene in "The Trouble With Thunderkittens" when Lion-O and the kittens are in Castle Plun-Darr? Specifically, one shot of Lion-O when confronting the mutants.

9. ButterflyBoy

Yeah, the "weapons room" was really odd given how the weapons would only be in there when the plot demanded a convenient way for them to be all in one unoccupied space. Pretty sure other times we've even seen the Thundercats jump right out of bed with their weapons at the ready. I was just watching "The Wolfrat" and its sorta funny - Lion-O is seen using the sword for Sight Beyond Sight but then, even though Cheetara is insisting that there is trouble brewing, he apparently decided to put the sword in the sword chamber. This was done because either the writers didn't want the sword to shrink with Lion-O, or maybe the sword would have prevented Lion-O from shrinking in the first place.

LiamABC likes this.
  10. LiamABC

They should have had him not have the sword on him, say he was going to get it, and then all start shrinking before he could go for it.

11. Tygra_Rules

I think the SoO usually had a room for itself. Think of Lion-O's trials arc or "Garden of Delights" or so many other eps (those came to my mind, but I'm sure tehre were more... "Eye of the Beholder" maybe?). On the other hand, in "Fireballs from Plun-Darr" it seemed it was in Lion-O's room (can't rememebr if it was thay way or Lion-O still had it with him). Maybe it made sense for the SoO to be in a secret or more secured room in case someone entered teh Lair, but it made no sense for the other weapons.

It'd have been interesting to make an ep in which the otehr weapons get a special treatment. Like Mumm-Ra trying to get them all because they combined (or their abilities) could defeat the SoO, or maybe that the SoO had a special connection to them or something like that.

Wilycub likes this.
  12. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

I really like that idea! :thumbsup

Tygra_Rules likes this.
  13. LiamABC

That was part of the premise of the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon as I recall, Venger was always trying to get the kids' weapons for himself.

14. Tygra_Rules

Yes!

But given that Jaga gave the TCs the weapons and that they were supposed to be magical, there could have been something more to them, IMO. Like in "Out of Sight" when the SoO was able to reload or reverese the bolowhip's effect... of course by that point the SoO was able of almost everything (if not everything at all), so that doesn't count LOL. But it would have been interesting to see a connection between the SoO and the other weapons.

LiamABC likes this.
  15. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

The shot's background is a sunny exterior, if I recall correctly, rather than the Castle Plun-Darr interior.
    When I was a kid, I was convinced that certain aspects of Power Rangers were rip-offs of ThunderCats (they weren't—I was just conspiratorially minded). Anyway, I remember drawing a sketch of the ThunderCats' weapons assembled into a superweapon akin to the Rangers'. I should see if I can find it!

LiamABC and Wilycub like this.
  16. ButterflyBoy

That's funny. I remember thinking that Power Rangers was ripping-off Captain Planet because of how much they "combined" stuff. Of course, like you, I know now that I was in error as Takosatsu was around waaaaay before Captain Planet.

17. LiamABC

Correct! Your turn!

18. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

All right, I'll give it a go! Name the error in this scene:
    [​IMG]

19. LiamABC

Wrong colour eyes?

20. ButterflyBoy

From "The Mask of Gorgon", Nayda and Willa's voices are switched in the scene.