Game: Name That Error!

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by ButterflyBoy, May 28, 2018.

1. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

That's the scene! There's another problem with it, too, in addition to the voice swap.

2. ButterflyBoy

ButterflyBoy Thunderian Legend

Oh yeah! Is it that Willa is all bundled up as though she were previously frozen by Chilla also? She just can't let Nayda have any attention.

3. thezaxfactor

Hahaha, yes, exactly!

You're up, ButterflyBoy.

4. ButterflyBoy

It's amazing - that is one of my favorite episodes and this error never even occurred to me until now. I guess the voice-over error helped "mask" it. Tee hee. :cool

New question:

What is the error in the last shot of the episode "Good and Ugly"?

thezaxfactor likes this.
  5. ButterflyBoy

Hint: It would seem something other than Tygra has turned invisible.

6. thezaxfactor

The Feliner? It was parked in the Lair courtyard, but it looks like it's missing from the final shot.

7. ButterflyBoy

Exactly! Actually, the Feliner is seen on the draw bridge. I could be wrong, but the draw bridge never seemed wide enough for the feliner to park.

Your turn, zaxfactor!

8. thezaxfactor

Found one! Sorry for the delay.

In "Excalibur", the are a number of shots of Panthro, Cheetara and Tygra watching the joust (and later collapsing/waking). What's error is visible in most of those shots?

9. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

Is it that Tygra's belly (the cental lowerpart of his suit) is in the dark shade of grey (like the sides of the suit) rather than the lighter one (like his back)?

10. thezaxfactor

Oh. Uh... no? Tbh I never notice inconsistencies in costume color. No, the error I'm looking for has nothing to do with ThunderCat appearance.

11. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

The shape of the windows.

Tygra_Rules likes this.
  12. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

I thought of that too. From the outside they look with vertical bars and from the inside they're horizontal/diagonal.

13. ButterflyBoy

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but in trying to solve this riddle, a few things occurred to me that I hadn't noticed.

1. I believe this appearance in "Excalibur" is the only time we specifically see this room the trio is watching from.
    2. Most other instances seem to indicate that the window the three are looking out from is actually part of the larger window structures seen in the Council Chambers, even though the window pattern inside looks nothing like those external windows. Unfortunately, the only instances that come to mind aren't exactly clear in this depiction but I am thinking of scenes like in "Feliner Part One" when Snarfer is forced back to Castle Plundarr by Rataro.
    3. There don't seem to be any windows on the exterior of the Lair that match the windows we see in the inside of the Council Chamber. Production schematics of the lair show that the Council Chamber is not even placed in an area of the lair that would allow windows.

I guess what I am saying is that you've managed to open a can of worms regarding this room they are watching from. While I clearly see that errors abound in this area...I'm not sure the exact one you're looking for. Please let me know if I am not even on the right track of the error in question.

14. thezaxfactor

No. The room with that window has a dedicated purpose that at least two other episodes confirm. This is the error I'm looking for—what should the room be?
    The Council Chamber windows sit below this window and above the front door, and they're pretty consistent: three tall, narrow windows, arched at the top, the middle one taller than the other two. I'll give you that, from the outside, the scale seems a little off, and the smaller decorative windows that sit above them on the inside appear to be missing from the outside. But, yeah, room placement is often inconsistent with the 1985 schematics—where should the Council Chamber be?

ETA – I just scrolled up to the schematic, which places the Council Chamber in the rear of the Lair with no windows whatsoever. Bonkers!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  15. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

The Thundercats are watching the scene from quite high up in the lair, that much is clear.

16. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

I'm just guessing here. Does the room house a weapon/cannon?

17. thezaxfactor

Nope. It doesn't house technology of any kind.

18. ButterflyBoy

lol this error is giving me a rash. But seriously, this is the sort of fun I had in mind when I started this game. So...do we think that window is normally reserved the Thundercats dining room?

19. thezaxfactor

Ding ding ding! May your rash subside. It serves as the dining room in "The Crystal Queen" and "Doctor Dometone", and both times we see it illuminated from the outside.

Interestingly, in "Leah", we see a similar window in the dining room of the New Cats' Lair, and the Council Chamber there (as seen in "Return to Thundera! Part III") also has the same three-window design as its Third Earth counterpart, though it's built above the dining room rather than below it.

Wilycub and LiamABC like this.
  20. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff