Game: Name That Error!

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by ButterflyBoy, May 28, 2018.

1. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Ooh, just like the Thundercats promotional image.

[​IMG]

ButterflyBoy and Wilycub like this.
  2. ButterflyBoy

ButterflyBoy Thunderian Legend

I'm afraid not, Wilycub. First of all, I believe that error with WilyKat is before the epilogue. Also...that particular animation error occurs so often that I don't think I'd ever use an instance of it in this game.

3. ButterflyBoy

Here is the screenshot containing the error I am looking for.

[​IMG]

4. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

Cats Lair looks like it's only got one claw on its left paw!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  5. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

Ahhhh! So weird. That's gotta be it.

6. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Dang!! I intently studied the epilogue multiple times, even going frame-by-frame to check the characters outfits, positions, objects etc. The only thing I didn't even glance at was the shot of the lair, thinking that since it's a standard background, there couldn't possibly be anything wrong with it. LOL! :biggrin

Nice one BB, and if I'm not mistaken, this same shot of the lair has been used in at least one more episode. Though I can't remember which one. And now that I look at this shot closely, even the staircase seems off. It's too far to the left instead of the center.

LiamABC and Tygra_Rules like this.
  7. ButterflyBoy

That's it!

8. ButterflyBoy

I am sure you are correct that it has been used at least one other time, I am just not sure when. I am sure we could find more, but I think this is a relatively rare instance of a significant error being made in the background art. And since this was used more than once, with plenty of existing shots of the lair, me thinks the animators must have missed it also.

9. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

Same thing happened to me, WC! I paid attention to the characters, their clothes, colors, positions and even their dialogues, thinking the answer might be in something they said that went against something said in an earlier episode LOL

Wilycub likes this.
  10. LiamABC

I think you're right about the staircase, and am wondering if the whole thing was a bit messed up. If the other two claws were there and the staircase in moved to the right anatomically (i.e. camera-left), so that its alignment with the inner claw matched its alignment with the outer claw, then it would probably be in the right place.

OK, here's one. What vehicular oddity do we see in "The Trial Of Mind Power"?

Wilycub likes this.
  11. Tygra_Rules

Two nosedivers being driven by Monkian and Jackalman and one skycutter driven by Slithe.

LiamABC, Wilycub and thezaxfactor like this.
  12. LiamABC

Sorry for the delay, this didn't show up on my notifications. Yes, that's the right answer. This is the only time in the series where we see two Nosedivers. Normally it's two Skycutters but on this occasion it's the other way round. Of course, in the later series they tended to just use one of each, especially with the Fistpounder and the Lunatacker for variety.

Your turn Tygra_Rules!

13. Tygra_Rules

Thanks Liam. Please give me a couple of days to think of a good one.

14. Tygra_Rules

Ok, here's the new one.

What continuity error is there in "Trouble with Time"?

15. ButterflyBoy

Are you referring to how Lion-O hasn't had his first driving lesson in "Trouble with Time", but could already drive the tank two episodes earlier in "Pumm-Ra"?

16. Tygra_Rules

Yup, that's the one! Your turn BB.

17. LiamABC

I wouldn't have got that because I remember as a kid Trouble With Time was aired before Pumm-Ra, and it was only when I got the DVDs that I learned about this other episode order. Both orders are listed on this site. Reminds me I must see about uploading my continuity spreadsheet for yous all to peruse to help hammer out a definitive continuity order for season 1.

18. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

There is also another continuity error in "Trouble with Time". The basis of the episode is the ThunderCats' search for the rare Thundrillium, with Panthro even wondering if any of it exists on Third Earth ("we need to look around and see if any exists n this planet"). But in the earlier episode Pumm-Ra, the ThunderCats are shown heading to the "Thundrillium Fields", indicating that not only were they aware of its existence on the planet, but also that they had a source of it.

Tygra_Rules likes this.
  19. LiamABC

Again, that's another pointer to the fact that Trouble With Time is really episode 5.

20. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Please do. I have the remastered episodes in the continuity order from the existing thread. Would be nice to have the order as spot on as possible before the episodes are completed.