Game: ThunderCat Trivia

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by CodeofThundera, May 8, 2011.

1. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

Seems things are super slow right now aside from the Quotes game, so I thought maybe another game would gain some interst as well. A ThunderCat Trivia game, could be anything you want people to guess about the series. So I'll start.

When Lion-O had to arm-wrestle a caveman, which ThunderCat stepped forward to help him and which ThunderCat told that ThunderCat not to? And what was the name of the episode?

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  2. catamountain

catamountain Moleman

Panthro stepped up to help and was told by Tygra not to

3. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

Not quite.

4. optimusprime

optimusprime Moderator

tygra was going to but panthro prevented it in the ep the time capsule

5. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

Yep! Your turn.

6. optimusprime

optimusprime Moderator

what is the only episode that mummra helped the thundercats ?

7. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

I'm sure it was the other way round: Tygra rushed to help Lion-O, and Panthro prevented him from doing so. It was "Time Capsule".

ETA: just noticed optimusprime already answered it lol.

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  8. optimusprime

optimusprime Moderator

yes and the new question is up now, name the ep where mummra helped the thundercats for the only time?

9. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

Um... Lion-O's Anointment Final Day: The Trial of Evil? He helped Lion-O to become Lord of the ThunderCats. :D

10. optimusprime

optimusprime Moderator

nope try again :cool:

11. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

That's easy to narrow down. It has to be from the final 20 episodes, as we see the Ancient Spirits of Evil (apparently) start looking for a replacement to Mumm-Ra. Knock out the episodes where Mumm-Ra was the main threat, and there's only a few left. But what episode did the old bag of bones help the good guys...

I do believe it is The Shadowmaster.

12. optimusprime

optimusprime Moderator

u r correct your turn

13. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

Hope my memory is right here.

This is the only episode where Mumm-Ra is able to use one of the abilities of the Sword of Omens.

14. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

Hmmm... I was about to say "The Evil Harp of Charr Nin", where Mumm-Ra, indirectly by fighting Charr Nin, helped the TCs ;)

15. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

Mask of Gorgon? The nature of the Mask allows him to use Sight Beyond Sight as Evil Beyond Evil to wake the Child.

16. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

Yep. Your turn.

17. thezaxfactor

The only episode outside of a five-parter whose title features an exclamation point!

18. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

I have all the episodes on DVD and none of them on their cases list a title with an exclamation point other than ThunderCats Ho! :confused:
    Merged Post:
    I looked at the episode list at ThunderCats Lair web site and they also listed the Mumm-Ra Lives fiver parter with exclamation points (interesting since the dvd cases don't) but no other. Question for you, did you see this exclamation point in the title at the beginning of the actual episode or somewhere else online?

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  19. thezaxfactor

It's on the title card at the beginning of the episode. It's probably also in the script. This may be a bit too arcane, even for a trivia challenge. If only there were a screen capture album somewhere that showed all the title cards... ;)

Interestingly, ThunderCats Ho!, Mumm-Ra Lives!, and Return to Thundera! all feature exclamation points, but ThunderCubs does not. :(

ETA: Turns out it's not in the script (or at least in the draft that I have). Just the title card. Wacky!

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  20. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

I found it! It wasn't my first choice. My first choice was "Trapped." That sounded like a good title name to have an exclamation point after it. Looked through titles trying to figure what sounded like it might have an exclamation point and after just a few, I found it. Yay!

The title is: Psych Out!

Next Question: Who was warned that there was a heavy duty meteor storm in their way of traveling to new Thundera and in their over-confidence, chose not to avoid it but went through it which caused them to crash land in unfamiliar territory? Who warned that person? And what was the name of the episode?

Last edited: May 10, 2011